My dads pc has bugs...

Xyrock

Hi! my father has been nagging me about how slow the pc is and all that BS so i bought him a ssd and installed it in.

when i opened the case, the inside was full of dust and all that (probably wasnt cleaned in 5-10 years)

after dust blowing them and all that, i putted the pc back in place and we had dinner. After that i went to install all the drivers and so on, i saw there was little bugs under the pc.

Is it safe to spray bug spray on it? or whats the most efficient way to deal with this problem?

EDIT:

i have a feeling its either crawling out of the psu or the big ass cpu fan that is attached to it.

The bug is very little, the size is like an ant but little smaller. and it has a shell or somesort.

it looks like this. https://www.google.fi/search?q=termite&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv28eGycDJAhVCkSwKHWDEAmwQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=pieni+koppakuoriainen&imgrc=J_eQIvQoyj2IwM%3A

But doesnt have the antennas. 

Hi! my father has been nagging me about how slow the pc is and all that BS so i bought him a ssd and installed it in.

when i opened the case, the inside was full of dust and all that (probably wasnt cleaned in 5-10 years)

after dust blowing them and all that, i putted the pc back in place and we had dinner. After that i went to install all the drivers and so on, i saw there was little bugs under the pc.

Is it safe to spray bug spray on it? or whats the most efficient way to deal with this problem?

EDIT:

i have a feeling its either crawling out of the psu or the big ass cpu fan that is attached to it.

just take it apart and clean them again and wait for them to clime out. They probably accumulate there due to the heat. Just dont spray it on any of the exposed board areas of the psu, feel free to on it and in the case if you must.

EDIT:

Jesus more like burn that PC. Lel IDK. not sure.   Maybe try to take it apart and kill them

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

just take it apart and clean them again and wait for them to clime out. They probably accumulate there due to the heat. Just dont spray it on any of the exposed board areas of the psu, feel free to on it and in the case if you must.

so i can spray it in the psu? im not sure what to do. some people say put it in a garbage bag and throw it in a freezer

Jesus more like burn that PC. Lel IDK. not sure.   Maybe try to take it apart and kill them

well... the thing is... i dont really know where they come from. its just we spotted many bugs after installing ssd and clearing the pc

so i can spray it in the psu? im not sure what to do. some people say put it in a garbage bag and throw it in a freezer

by freezing it, itll kill them and leave there bodies in the psu, also i dont know how that'll affect the psu. You can pray ontop of it if they are outside, they'll be protected inside so actually its no point. Just take it all apart i guess and wait for them to leave, because now that you just cleaned it and moved it around, the bugs started coming out so it may get them all to leave.

I'd burn it... can't stand bugs. I'd say take it apart and leave the parts out for a while, maybe outside in a shed or something.

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

Most of the time, it's not the computer, it's the person using it.

by freezing it, itll kill them and leave there bodies in the psu, also i dont know how that'll affect the psu. You can pray ontop of it if they are outside, they'll be protected inside so actually its no point. Just take it all apart i guess and wait for them to leave, because now that you just cleaned it and moved it around, the bugs started coming out so it may get them all to leave.

its just the thing that the pc is in a really tight spot and its really hard to take it apart. took me about 6 hours total to clean it + install the ssd.

need another way to get them out besides taking the whole pc apart

I'd burn it... can't stand bugs. I'd say take it apart and leave the parts out for a while, maybe outside in a shed or something.

what will happen if i spray IN the psu or the big ass cpu cooler?

what will happen if i spray IN the psu or the big ass cpu cooler?

I definitely wouldn't spray any bug killer into the psu or cpu cooler. It might damage either or leave residue.

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

I definitely wouldn't spray any bug killer into the psu or cpu cooler. It might damage either or leave residue.

Ocelot.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

aah sht... i guess ill need to take it apart if there is no other way... after i take it apart what then? it wont gurantee all the bugs will leave.

I'm not really sure... maybe try to force them out with heat? That may damage your psu, but if you're careful, it might work.

Ocelot.

Yep :)

I'm not really sure... maybe try to force them out with heat? That may damage your psu, but if you're careful, it might work.

Yep :)

this makes me wanna just throw the godamn pc out of the window... but it has important files and all that...     -_- and the pc is compleatly fine except the bug issue

Mule team borax (the stuff you use for laundry) or diatomaceous earth (dehydrates them) will help with your pest problem. :)

this makes me wanna just throw the godamn pc out of the window... but it has important files and all that...     -_- and the pc is compleatly fine except the bug issue

If it's not a workstation/gaming pc, you could just toss out the psu and buy a cheap one, although that costs $$$.

Mule team borax (the stuff you use for laundry) or diatomaceous earth (dehydrates them) will help with your pest problem. :)

but will it destroy the pc?

If it's not a workstation/gaming pc, you could just toss out the psu and buy a cheap one, although that costs $$$.

and if its not the psu and its the big ass cpu cooler... then im fked :D i will be sleeping with bedbugs these few days

but will it destroy the pc?

I would just take some borax and apply a residual amount on the outside of the PSU (where they are entering). In addition, set up some glue traps on the ground as well (or wherever they are crawling).

As you can see, Windows has a lot of bugs...

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

EDIT:

The bug is very little, the size is like an ant but little smaller. and it has a shell or somesort.

it looks like this. https://www.google.fi/search?q=termite&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv28eGycDJAhVCkSwKHWDEAmwQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=pieni+koppakuoriainen&imgrc=J_eQIvQoyj2IwM%3A

But doesnt have the antennas. 

K, just replace the PC. 

And SSD isn't going to help for a 10 year old computer, slow is slow. Suck it up and spend $500 on a new computer and put the SSD in there.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

K, just replace the PC. 

And SSD isn't going to help for a 10 year old computer, slow is slow. Suck it up and spend $500 on a new computer and put the SSD in there.

it has radeon hd 6800 in it... so i think its more like 5 years old. my father uses it as a movie pc. stores movies and watches it. so we dont really need to waste money on new one.

it has radeon hd 6800 in it... so i think its more like 5 years old. my father uses it as a movie pc. stores movies and watches it. so we dont really need to waste money on new one.

What CPU?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

i would open the psu and use the compressed air can. stuff comes out really cold so it would probably kill them