need a small server rack

DominicNikon

Here is a 4u server rack that's wall mountable, however if that is too small you can also get a 12u server rack.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Inches-Mount-Bracket-108627/dp/B008CR07OM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1449112920&sr=8-4&keywords=4u+server+rack

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Here is a 4u server rack that's wall mountable, however if that is too small you can also get a 12u server rack.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Inches-Mount-Bracket-108627/dp/B008CR07OM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1449112920&sr=8-4&keywords=4u+server+rack

How do wall mounted servers like that not tear out the dry wall if you hang them up?

How do wall mounted servers like that not tear out the dry wall if you hang them up?

You have to mount them into studs. They're alright just don't expect to put a server on it, networking gear is fine though.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Mount them into studs, and don't put anything too too heavy on them.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

You have to mount them into studs. They're alright just don't expect to put a server on it, networking gear is fine though.

Mount them into studs, and don't put anything too too heavy on them.

Ah ok makes sense.

You don't screw them into the drywall itself, you screw through the drywall into the studs behind it, that way it's holding onto wood, not the drywall.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Keep in mind this is not a full depth rack. It will Only be good for patch panels or comms equipment. we need more info before we can recommend anything

is there any cheap server racks for a 24port network switch and a few other things? 

What are these 'few other things'?

Ikea lack table? 19" wide internal space. Google image search it and you'll see what I mean

Keep in mind this is not a full depth rack. It will Only be good for patch panels or comms equipment. we need more info before we can recommend anything

What are these 'few other things'?

network switch and maybe a ups

'Should' be fine. Just make sure the UPS is designed for a coms rack and you are good to go.

'Should' be fine. Just make sure the UPS is designed for a coms rack and you are good to go.

ok

Ikea lack table? 19" wide internal space. Google image search it and you'll see what I mean

One of these?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20211501/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Ikea-Hack-Rolling-Storage-Lack-CoffeeSide-Table/

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

How heavy is the UPS? Might be a big issue because of drywall.

I built one of these: http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/05/rast-transformed-in-a-19-inch-rack-mount.html Works quite well, actually, and it's a bit more stable than using the legs of the LACK table.

DSC_0059.jpg

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Yep - I've got a 4 bay QNAP, UPS and Ubiquiti 1U router/switch combo in mine

Rail mounted, or just stacked?

That's amazing that you can find something like that which supports rackmountable hardware. Everything I've seen that's made for rackmount server gear is hundreds of dollars.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Rail mounted, or just stacked?

That's amazing that you can find something like that which supports rackmountable hardware. Everything I've seen that's made for rackmount server gear is hundreds of dollars.

the UPS and QNAP are both stacked while the Ubiquiti stuff is racked as well as a PDU.