[Rumor] Fury X2 paper launch before 2016 - $1070 launch price

CommandMan7

Titan X slayer...

Yeah.. it's already been "slayed".

Heard of the 980 Ti? It's a way better buy and sometimes you get more performance than the Titan X.

Wait, what?

Excusing resolutions lower than 1080p, the 295X2 is 15.5% faster overall according to techpowerup's benchmarks using the reference 980 Ti, and 10% faster than the Titan X.

Benchmarks

perfrel_1920.gif

perfrel_2560.gif

perfrel_3840.gif

Assuming that you're gaming above 1080p (which, if you are buying a 980 Ti +, it's safe to assume you are) the 295X2 is 18% faster on average and 14% faster than the Titan X on average.

From where did you get the 4%?

TechPowerUp has a heavily throttling system. See overclockers.uk. On air the Titan X ties (and has the benefit being a single GPU). On waters he Titan X winsome y about 8%.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm too lazy to look this up and crunch the numbers, so link me to the source? I'll stand by techpowerup until I see some numbers por favor.

Google Titan X water vs. 295x2 and take your pick. Across the board by a cornucopia of reviewers, the 295x2 loses to a system with a properly cooled Titan X inside.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The 295x2 is about 4% faster for the record. And if you put a water lock and backplate on the Titan X, the 295x2 loses. Further, not every game has a crossfire profile.

if you put a EK 295x2 water block on the 295x2 for proper VRM cooling, then trust me... it can get A LOT faster...

with just a tiny 80mm fan blowing AIR at the VRMs, i can get a 7-10% OC to the core... sadly, if i go too far on the core, i cannot do much about the VRAM speed without hitting thermal limits...

still with a good custom loop (360mm rad at minimum) with good fans on it. it should be possible to hit 12.5-15% on Core and 1500 memory on my card...

gonna need proper cooling to do so, 100-150mV and a dedicated chipset fan getto mounted to the dual 8-pins, which will have to endure about 25% higher load then their theoretical maximum....