Multiplayer Gaming PC?

Keen_Interest

Hey guys, is it possible to build a gaming PC, and have it in your living room, so that you can play local multi-player, like you would with a console, only with PC level graphics? 

As always, thanks for your help. :)

maybe not in wired keyboards (i don't know this) and not on wired mouse.

i maybe wrong though! i'm sure that i'm wrong!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Depends on the game but sure.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Generally you can have 1x keyboard+ mouse and then a controller (ps3 or xbone or ps2) for the other player in a lot of games such as borderlands 2 (up to 4 players) and left 4 dead 2 and a lot of others; check out co-optimus for more details on splitscreen PC games.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Depends on the game but sure.

Left for dead? This is why Halo should be on PC... I suppose for stuff like that I could run an emulator?

Generally you can have 1x keyboard+ mouse and then a controller (ps3 or xbone or ps2) for the other player in a lot of games such as borderlands 2 (up to 4 players) and left 4 dead 2 and a lot of others; check out co-optimus for more details on splitscreen PC games.

Thanks!

Left for dead? This is why Halo should be on PC... I suppose for stuff like that I could run an emulator?

Do you mean multiple controllers hooked up to the PC?

As for Halo, it's on the PC: http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-Pc/dp/B00009TW6R

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

For simplicity just get a console. I know that's not what your looking for but next gen graphics will be better and equal to a cheap pc's.

Thanks!

there's also the ability to have an unlimited amount of controllers :P you can play some of those old classic PS2 games with better textures, anti-aliasing and other things ^_^ they look pretty damn good with them to be honest e.g.

79cf84a07803cc04282a0f4ac893152c307d22a0

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I meant all the Halos really, sorry. Unless they all are and I'm living in a hole? That would make me happy. And yeah, two or more controllers.

You can play old driving games with support for up to 8 players :D and they look nice xD well nicer much much nicer at the higher resolution and all the filters and stuff

Most pc games don't have local multiplayer 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!