~£1100 Gaming PC - What PSU size? Future proof or nah?

Hello all,

So I'm in the middle of purchasing the parts for my PC build (seen below) and I am wondering, should I get an 850W PSU as shown below so that if I crossfire in future, I don't need to rewire my case; or should I just stick with a 650W for the build as it is?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For £0.00) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (Purchased For £0.00) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£111.88 @ More Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (Purchased For £0.00) 
Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 960GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For £0.00) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  (£298.77 @ PC World Business) 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£54.72 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£99.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  (£30.00) 
Other: Silverstone White Cable Bundle (£17.38)
Other: NZXT Hue+ (Purchased For £50.00)
Total: £662.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-01 07:25 GMT+0000

This is my build and I will be buying a 1440p monitor towards the end of the year/early next year.

I'm not likely to crossfire the 390s in the next few months... is it worth it? Or should I save myself £30?

Many thanks,

Cameron

To ensure I see your reply, quote my post.

Got any questions? Send me a message.

That is a noiice PC mate, I would honestly sell the 390 and get a 980ti. That should last 3 years~+

Thanks :D Instead of crossfire? So buy R9 390 now, and then sell it later to upgrade?

Thanks :D Instead of crossfire? So buy R9 390 now, and then sell it later to upgrade?

An 850W PSU won't be enough for 2x 390. Better to stick with one GPU, the king of the kings (I'm not biased). I see that you have some money so save up a bit more, sell the 390 and get the 980ti. What res are you playing at? 1080p 60Hz?

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Nice build! I love the case  :lol:

Well, If you have the money go for the GTX 980ti. If you don't have the money then go for the R9 390 and wait for new GPU's to come out next year  :)

An 850W PSU won't be enough for 2x 390. Better to stick with one GPU, the king of the kings (I'm not biased). I see that you have some money so save up a bit more, sell the 390 and get the 980ti. What res are you playing at? 1080p 60Hz?

I'm currently at 1080p 60Hz, I should have ~£300 around January time so I way thinking of getting a 1440p 60Hz monitor, then upgrading GPU later in 2016 probably.

Nice build! I love the case :lol:

Well, If you have the money go for the GTX 980ti. If you don't have the money then go for the R9 390 and wait for new GPU's to come out next year :)

Thanks :) At the minute, I only have the money for a 390 so I figure I'll get that for now and upgrade later

So just stick with 650w for a single GPU then?