Best 4k TV (Colors) that's not OLED?

thedawnarts

I was going to get OLED but the ones that are out right now are way to big for my room... So was wondering what's the next best option? Looking for sizes (40-43inch)

Thanks as always!

Honestly for a 4K TV right now it's not like you'll notice the color difference between various ones of similar specs and price range

"Rawr XD"

Why do you have to have 4K?

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

Honestly for a 4K TV right now it's not like you'll notice the color difference between various ones of similar specs and price range

Alright, I was just making sure

Why do you have to have 4K?

Cause 1080p is like that same price as 4k and I need a Tv

I personally use a Sony Bravia 85C (55") 4K TV here. It has a smaller brother. This TV is so damn sweet with all its functions and picture quality. You might have a look into that link.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR43X830C-43-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B00R45XH86/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1448930092&sr=8-5&keywords=sony+bravia+4k

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I personally use a Sony Bravia 85C (55") 4K TV here. It has a smaller brother. This TV is so damn sweet with all its functions and picture quality. You might have a look into that link.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR43X830C-43-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B00R45XH86/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1448930092&sr=8-5&keywords=sony+bravia+4k

Will do! Thanks

I would just go for a 1080p one, since you likely won't notice the difference unless you are sitting very close. Plus, only YouTube and a select few Netflix shows are in 4k. If they are the same price though, go for 4k.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

I would just go for a 1080p one, since you likely won't notice the difference unless you are sitting very close. Plus, only YouTube and a select few Netflix shows are in 4k. If they are the same price though, go for 4k.

That´s not true with this Sony. It scales up, not to 4K but you can see a difference. I´ve got in my living room a LG 55" 1080p and it´s not even close to that quality of my Sony 85C.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

That´s not true with this Sony. It scales up, not to 4K but you can see a difference. I´ve got in my living room a LG 55" 1080p and it´s not even close to that quality of my Sony 85C.

Cool, just figured if you could get a 1080p one for significantly cheaper, than OP should go for it, if they are the same price I would definitely recommend 4k

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

I love my Sony 850c 55". If you want poppy colors go with a Samsung, if you want realistic colors go with Sony, also that android tv is freaking awesome.