unbalanced build for friend

gadgetguy99

so my friend wants to build a pc and just sink all his money into the gpu. i told him it would bottleneck but he refuses to listen this is the build he put together. 

how badly will this be bottle necked if he actually builds it?

so my friend wants to build a pc and just sink all his money into the gpu. i told him it would bottleneck but he refuses to listen this is the build he put together. 

You know it's a bad build when the CPU cooler costs double the actual CPU.

REALLY bottlenecked tell hom that some games wont even run on his cpu and suggest this build instead:

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Definitely a noticeable bottleneck. This is much better. Most games don't even run on the dual cored pentium.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($159.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock B85M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($41.65 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card ($293.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($38.25 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($55.25 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $664.11

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 17:17 EST-0500

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

You know it's a bad build when the CPU cooler costs double the actual CPU.

exactly!

i was like... whaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

That build is dumb as many games require 4 threads to run, I'd go with @Amazingasian  build as it's at the same price point but would actually work properly (without cutting the gpu)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

i've seen worse (Intel Celeron and 980ti)

oh god i remember that never again

REALLY bottlenecked tell hom that some games wont even run on his cpu and suggest this build instead:

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

lmao i clicked that link it and i thought the entire set up looked familiar thats the one i put together and planning on building as soon as i buy the rest of the parts, change the case here i chose that case as it suited my needs and it may not suit your friends on top of that i left no room for expansion so choose someone elses build

The biggest problem is that some games just will NOT run on a dual core.

I'd say the best thing he could do would be to not buy the cooler and then spend more on the CPU and just use the stock cooler for now. He can always buy a better cooler later if he wants.

The biggest problem is that some games just will NOT run on a dual core.

I'd say the best thing he could do would be to not buy the cooler and then spend more on the CPU and just use the stock cooler for now. He can always buy a better cooler later if he wants.

he has a point do take this into consideration although its a small list of games as of now the cpu requirements can only go higher as time passes

So badly that I threw up by looking at his build.

Get a quad core and a an AIO water cooler for the CPU.

actually the reason he wants the nhd15 is because i have the nhd14 its probably the best air cooler on the market