RIP GTX860M Users.

PampaZiya

After so long trying to fix my drivers... Turns out nvidia just f****d us GTX860M users up.. Apparently we cannot update to new drivers because they have problems with optimus technology. Well, we got rekt, all the new drivers result in many crashes, black screen, fps drops, bad gameplays.

I suggest you go back to 355.98 driver as many suggested it as the most stable driver.

Nvidia hasn't commented about this and will probably take no action.

RIP Leno Y50/70 / ASUS ROG G551JM users

"Nvidia hasn't commented about this and will probably take no action."

Over reaction much?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

SNIP

The GPU still works, even if it doesn't get updated drivers or its drivers take longer to get fixed so its hardly RIP

its still shitty but its a bit of an over reaction considering there is no official word that support has ended - its likely just taking them a long time to fix the issues

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Which version of the driver is having issues? Fellow Y50 user here.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

The GPU still works, even if it doesn't get updated drivers or its drivers take longer to get fixed so its hardly RIP

its still shitty but its a bit of an over reaction considering there is no official word that support has ended - its likely just taking them a long time to fix the issues

Not an over reaction. There's a post that's been there for over a month and with over 60 pages of replies about this, yet no one officially from nviida stated that they are working on it.

This has been going on for the last, I dunno, 8+ drivers? I don't think it's an over reaction when it's been so long and with no notice at all.

Atleast tell us to not install new drivers if they going to fuckk up our laptops.

They Blue Screen'ed, crashed games, black screens, "no dx11 compatible graphics card", the graphics card somehow disappears from the freakin laptop... Litteraly, it says it's not even connected and just switches to intel all the time.. 

Which version of the driver is having issues? Fellow Y50 user here.

Anything above 355.98, some users say it's working for them fine and they play games like they always have, others like me, are getting a buttload of problems

"Nvidia hasn't commented about this and will probably take no action."

Over reaction much?

How is it over reaction ? Why let us upgrade our Drivers if they going to mess up our experience? Why simply "not"? Just tell us to not update, or comment, or just say ANYTHING. But they haven't..

Has that not been fixed in the latest driver? Its no longer an issue for a friend's laptop with an 860M.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Can anyone else confirm that this is an issue? I'm currently on version 358.91 on my 860M and I have been getting crashes in GTA V and Euro Truck Sim 2, as well as errors that prevent the game from loading for both. For GTA V, once it crashes, if I try to open the game again, I get an error that says "Unable to initialize DirectX 9 device," and on ETS2 it just tells me that the game could not be opened. Restarting fixes both issues, but it seems like once I sleep/hibernate my computer if I try to run either games again I get both giving me those errors. So possibly a result of the 358.91 driver. Anyone care to comment on this?

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Anyone care to comment on this?

Try roll back and see what happens

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Will do. Currently in class, so I'll try to report back with my results once we let out. 

Just a question as to the nature of the issues that I'm getting: Does the failure to launch games after sleep/hibernation and GTA V crashing saying that the Nvidia driver stopped responding, but then recovered fall into line with what bad drivers can normally cause?

Just a question as to the nature of the issues that I'm getting: Does the failure to launch games after sleep/hibernation and GTA V crashing saying that the Nvidia driver stopped responding, but then recovered fall into line with what bad drivers can normally cause?

Well drivers can cause all sorts of issues and crashes

Has that not been fixed in the latest driver? Its no longer an issue for a friend's laptop with an 860M.

The 359 driver doesn't install in some GTX860M users, many reported it fixed their issues, others like me couldn't even update it from geforce experience or from .exe download from the site

Well drivers can cause all sorts of issues and crashes

Sounds good. My Y50 is my first and only computer with a gaming worthy graphics card, and the first computer I've actually bought games and played on, so game crashes and graphics driver issues are kinda a new thing to me. Not totally a foreign concept to me, but still not exactly the easiest issues for me to troubleshoot. :D

Well, right off the bat things seem to be going ok. Before I updated the driver, I once again got the "Unable to initialize DirectX 9 device" launching GTA V, but after downgrading to the "stable" driver and without restarting my computer, GTA launched just fine. Will do more testing later, but as of right now @PampaZiya seems to be correct about the drivers not being stable.

Is it a problem with certain games or is it a general problem? I have an Asus G750JM and haven't had a problem, right now I have installed the latest version of the driver, 359.00

I only have been playing Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch and Starcraft.

CPU: I7 4790k | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ | Case: Corsair Carbide 500R | Storage: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB, 2 * 1TB 7200rpm HDD | PSU: EVGA 600b 80 plus bronze | Display(s): Asus PB287Q | Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Operating System: Windows 10 PRO

Ok you guys are over reacting. I have a laptop with a GTX 860m 2GB GDDR5 GPU and currently has the latest drivers installed. No problems with my laptop at all, even when gaming or working.

Yet many of us are having issues

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Currently encountering 0 issues. GG.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Optimus is fucking garbage anyway.

My GPU in my laptop has a low power state that makes it use like 3w, its fine doge.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

-snip-

-snip

Well, I have some good news to report. After downgrading to the 355.98 driver, I tried out some GTA V and tested just booting ETS2. So far, I did not experience any crashing in GTA V, and the other issue I was having, GTA V and ETS 2 not booting for some reason after the computer was hibernated or slept, also seems to have been fixed.

So basically, it seems like @PampaZiya was correct, at least so far. Downgrading seems to have fixed a lot of issues for me. 

I will update with more later once I can sit down again and this time actually try to replicate the issues that I was having previously. Specifically, GTA V crashing on me on the pause menu/map screen.

Well, I have some good news to report. After downgrading to the 355.98 driver, I tried out some GTA V and tested just booting ETS2. So far, I did not experience any crashing in GTA V, and the other issue I was having, GTA V and ETS 2 not booting for some reason after the computer was hibernated or slept, also seems to have been fixed.

So basically, it seems like @PampaZiya was correct, at least so far. Downgrading seems to have fixed a lot of issues for me.

I will update with more later once I can sit down again and this time actually try to replicate the issues that I was having previously. Specifically, GTA V crashing on me on the pause menu/map screen.

I'm so glad I can help you out!

Btw, I got an advice to try out the 359, I did and it is running fine, the 355.98 is still more stable since I get the occasional dx11 not found or no compatible dx11 GPU and some black screens but they are a bit more rare now and the newest driver has some fps boost (a bit omly) to BO3, since it's after the BO3 driver.

Try it out, you can always downgrade back, it only takes few mins