How good is Windforce ?

szilyke

-the reference cooler literally melted away over the VRMs.

Wut?! Which card and send us pics?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Wut?! Which card and send us pics?

4850 - It's long gone now... but here's a recreation using mah mad paint skillz: 2h5shsn.jpg

the outer part was literally melted and twisted, and the inner part was just a bit out of shape and black, I assume it's because of the melted outer part blocking the air intake from the back...

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

4850 - It's long gone now... but here's a recreation using mah mad paint skillz: 2h5shsn.jpg

the outer part was literally melted and twisted, and the inner part was just a bit out of shape and black, I assume it's because of the melted outer part blocking the air intake from the back...

GOD DAMN! Gigabyte had some baaaad coolers back then (what the hell, everyone did!)

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Yeah, and the 4000 series was notoriously hot. Even so, my work colleague still has a (sapphire I believe) 4870, and it still works, never missed a beat.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Yeah, and the 4000 series was notoriously hot. Even so, my work colleague still has a (sapphire I believe) 4870, and it still works, never missed a beat.

Eww. The only old card that I have running and has a decent cooler is the 9500GT. PURE copper by EVGA.

EVGA is DA BOMB, we don't have retailers over here, but we do have some smuggled over via the rat-tunnels under the sea, and they kick-ass. I've had the chance to meet and greet a 580 superclocked card from them, a while ago and it was great.