How good is Windforce ?

szilyke

Really good

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

They are pretty good and not to loud Gigabyte is a great company but I'm loyal to Asus for GPU's.

Really good. Hoewever the Revision 2.0 are better, the originals look HORRID

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Gigabyte's version of MSI's TF or ASUS's DCU II. It's really good, the temperature difference between these cards aren't that big of a difference.

EDIT: I mean (depending on what card you are looking at) it's 2x or 3x cooler.

Can it handle an overclocked gpu?

Absolutely!

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Really good. Hoewever the Revision 2.0 are better, the originals look HORRID

Dunno what revision the 7970 has but I hope it's 2.0 :o 

Dunno what revision the 7970 has but I hope it's 2.0 :o

Asthetic revisions. Not like a temperature difference but the non Ghz has the horrid looking one. The GHZ has a decent one but not really the 2.0

EDIT: non have the rev 2.0 cooler

Asthetic revisions. Not like a temperature difference but the non Ghz has the horrid looking one. The GHZ has a decent one but not really the 2.0

EDIT: non have the rev 2.0 cooler

Well I still like the way it looks on the 7970 (altough I don't really care about the looks of the card ) 

Well I still like the way it looks on the 7970 (altough I don't really care about the looks of the card ) 

There are a few more cards that look amazingly good and have better or similar preformance (Twin Forzr, my personal favorite)

Can it handle an overclocked gpu?

Everything cooler can--just some better than others. 

Windforce is one the better coolers.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It would probly be the best cooler on the market IMO, and don't believe the 3 fans make more noise than 2 nonsence, the 3 fans on the windforce cooler are as large as what 2 fan designs have anyway and spin at a lower rpm than a 2 fan design most the time on top of that which means more silence.

I'ld beg to differ, I've got one sitting in my build right now and It looks pretty sleek. That may because it's upside down and you can't see the Blue pcb though.

Also what's up with that huge random tab coming out of the top of revision 2

Wind force advertisement. Either way the coloring on the REV 2.0 looks nicer to me. The Blue pcb does kill a card sometimes. A derker blue MIGHT look better, not so sure on that one.

Just go straight to black and cut out any doubt of it looking bad I guess :P

But yeah if they didn't have that tab on the 780 I would have already brought one.

Itwould be nice for it to show like WINDFORCE or GTX 780 on top instead of somewhere where NORMALLY WE CAN'T SEE! And a lower tab for compatibility for other cases. Windforce is EXCELLENT however the asthetics aren't that good. Twin Forzr is awesome and the new version of DCUII looks nice. 

Yeah I never was a fan of Twin Forzr but the 780 looks pretty good, I don't want red though so that's and issue.

And I don't like the new DCU2 cards at all really :/

DCUII looks better than the previous version. Twin Forzr was great on the 4th revision with the blue base mdel, the gaming isn't really good. The reason i would get it is cause it's cheaper than the HAWK

Apparently they are great, I prefer Asus though. Just purely for looks.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

I've never been a fan of the DCU2 cards, they work great but aesthetically are terrible.

Australia only have the Gaming available to us atm. I was thinking just get that and Vinyl wrap the cooler or something :)

Don't know about vinyl wrapping, but sounds good since i hate the shield for gaming (dragon one)

So good that you don't have to wind them up ^_^

--Xenon-VI - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.34V (Gib 4950X) - MSI MEG X570 Unify -  48GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600MHz - MSI WindForce // NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti @ 2GHz Core 7GHz Mem flashed with 350W BIOS (SOLD, Temporary 1660 waiting for 3090) - 240GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIE - OS Drive - 1TB SanDisk Ultra II SSD - 1TB Crucial BX500 SSD (SHIT, DONT BUY) - 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD - EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold - Lian Li O11D - 9x Corsair SP120RGB - Corsair Commander - Corsair Hydro X Pump/Res - 360mm Thicc Radiator - Hydro X CPU Block - 3090 Waterblock soon come 

1x Acer 27" XV273K 4K 144Hz G-Sync - 1x LG 24UD58 24" 3840x2160 60Hz - 1x Iiyama 28" 3840x2160 60Hz - Valve Index Headset! 

Corsair K95 Platinum RGB MX Reds & Corsair Dark Core RGB 
Philips Fidelio X2HR w/ JDSLabs Atom & Topping D10 DSD DAC

I have the Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3 it stays under 65c while gaming i like it.

Really good. My 7950 Windforce never goes above 60C when playing FC3, while pushing an additional monitor.

I've had 3 Gigabyte cards, all 3 had problems with cooling, so I'll probbably never get another one. Never had problems with ASUS or MSI, but personally I perfer MSI's design.

This DOES NOT MEAN THAT WINDFORCE COOLERS ARE BAD. I'm just saying I've had bad experiences with 2 of them, and one reference cooler from Gigabyte, that's 3 for 3 of Gigabyte cards I've owned. It just means I've had bad luck with them, and given the large market of GPU manufacturers I'm not willing to risk again with Gigabyte, no matter how good other people consider them to be.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I've had 3 Gigabyte cards, all 3 had problems with cooling, so I'll probbably never get another one. Never had problems with ASUS or MSI, but personally I perfer MSI's design.

This DOES NOT MEAN THAT WINDFORCE COOLERS ARE BAD. I'm just saying I've had bad experiences with 2 of them, and one reference cooler from Gigabyte, that's 3 for 3 of Gigabyte cards I've owned. It just means I've had bad luck with them, and given the large market of GPU manufacturers I'm not willing to risk again with Gigabyte, no matter how good other people consider them to be.

I always felt their material was very cheap. 

I always felt their material was very cheap. 

-the reference cooler literally melted away over the VRMs.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.