Need a new Graphics Card

grenade252

I just did an online RMA for my current card, and since this is my only computer I'm going to order a new one and sell the replacement so I'm not without my computer during shipping.

I currently have a MSI R9 290x. It's artifacting, flashing, dropping fps, and now when I have my 2nd monitor hooked up that one will flash and then go undetected. I bought it on 02/15.

So I'm looking for recommendations on a new card, no more than $350 preferably. Should I try another R9 290X? Thinking about a GTX 970 since that was the other card I considered when building my computer. 

Here's the rest of my build; I5-4690, Asus H97 Pro Gamer MOBO, 8gb G. Skill Ram, Rosewill RG630-S12 - Green Series 630-Watt PSU , 1 tb HDD(that keeps freezing at 100% usage too), probably going to get an SSD to replace the HDD. 

The main games I play are Rust, BF4, League of Legends, and Borderlands 2. It originally started messing up on Rust, I figured it was just Rust since it's shit optimized. Then it kept happening almost constantly, and none of my friends have the same problem. Now it's doing it on certain objects in BF4, and now the other monitor going black. 

Thanks for any recommendations.

390 is a solid card, best bang for the buck. 290x's are cheap as chips though. 970 is a good card too, just not the value the 390 is.

If anyone asks you never saw me.