6700k 100 degrees..?

Update: Running Intel XTU for 4 minutes or so now, turned the voltage down to 1.38, temps are fluctuating, seems to be stable, highest temps are now around 92 degrees.

Might turn the voltage down some more.

I would.  Even if it's perfectly safe, you still want it as low as possible; it will extend the life of your chip and produce less heat.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Update: Running Intel XTU for 4 minutes or so now, turned the voltage down to 1.38, temps are fluctuating, seems to be stable, highest temps are now around 92 degrees.

Might turn the voltage down some more.

Actually I think my HWMonitor is broken or something lolz, the XTU stress test and another program I was using all reported the temps to be much lower..

Specs

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.4GHz

GPU2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming SLI
RAMG.Skill Ripjaws 4 x 8GB @ 2400MHz (32GB)
MOBOASUS Z270-AR PRIME
CASE: Corsair 750D
COOLINGCorsair H100 v2, SP120 & AF120 fans
PSUCorsair TX850M

STORAGE1 x 2TB HDD, 3 x 1TB HDD 1 x M.2 Samsung 960 EVO 250GB

Tried 1.35/36/37/38 and 1.38 is the stable one.

Ran two stress tests, ez.

Kig1LZv.png

Still too high? Really only hits that for under a second before going down to 60-80 or so.

EDIT: Again HWmonitor is wrong, it's 1.6v ez.

KOjj7ph.png

INf6Y6j.png

Specs

MOBOASUS Z270-AR PRIME
PSUCorsair TX850M

Tried 1.35/36/37/38 and 1.38 is the stable one.

Ran two stress tests, ez.

Kig1LZv.png

Still too high? Really only hits that for under a second before going down to 60-80 or so.

well 80 is fine in my opinion.  personally I would want it lower, but there's nothing wrong with that really.  If it can reach that, there is no reason for it to ever go higher, so I would look into your cooling setup/fan curves, etc. and figure out why it temporarily spikes up; it should raise smoothly (though possibly very quickly) from whatever temp it's at to the top, and it should not be going above that then settling back down (there's just no reason for it)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

well 80 is fine in my opinion.  personally I would want it lower, but there's nothing wrong with that really.  If it can reach that, there is no reason for it to ever go higher, so I would look into your cooling setup/fan curves, etc. and figure out why it temporarily spikes up; it should raise smoothly (though possibly very quickly) from whatever temp it's at to the top, and it should not be going above that then settling back down (there's just no reason for it)

Yeah strange, might just scrap the h80i and go for a x61

INf6Y6j.png

Specs

MOBOASUS Z270-AR PRIME
PSUCorsair TX850M

Yeah strange, might just scrap the h80i and go for a x61

It would perform better...

in fact, some air coolers perform better than the h80i... I believe Linus did a video on it a while back

you are stress testing/synthetically stressing with your voltage in adaptive

voltage mode:

post-2035-0-82939300-1448606458.png

this should be set on static voltage mode within XTU. this will allow the

overvoltage issue to subside and reduce your temperatures.