What editing software should I get?

Rayve

So I want editing sofware that complies to the following:

• Cheap (I know Vegas Pro and Premiere are good but I just can't afford them.)
  • One-time payment (Will be cheaper in the long run)
  • Ability for multiple overlays (Picture, audio, and video overlays)
  • Multiple streams (obv needed for overlays)
  • Overlay resizing and moving
  • Some special effects (dont need em if its super expensive)

So plz im a software nub so let me know if there is any options.

if your a software "nub" you really should do the research yourself so you'll know what to do and what you can do when you get the software and how to use it too. 

The best we can do is give you suggestions. 

You should look at light works it is completely free and feature full but I personally don't like how things are laid out. 

Sony vegas movie studio OR sony vegas platinum is a cheaper version of vegas, it does pretty basic stuff that you need i think.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope

There are a lot of option for different levels of vegas go take a look.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Sony vegas movie studio OR sony vegas platinum is a cheaper version of vegas, it does pretty basic stuff that you need i think.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope

There are a lot of option for different levels of vegas go take a look.

+1 for this, a long time ago I trailed Vegas and loved it, however the price tag was way too much for me, for the amount I edit videos. So instead I found Movie Studio Platinum 13 and got student discount on it, I only ended up spending £20 on the software! 

It has everything I need in it, and I don't seem to be missing anything that I would need.

http://www.studica.com/uk/en/Sony/movie-studio-platinum-13.html

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

SImple: Hitfilm 3 Express. Really good software. It is basically After Effects and Premier in one. It free, but can be upgraded to professional edition with a onetime payment if you need some of the extra features such as more effects.

[cnyrmb@TheBeast-Arch ~]$ java -jar print_footer.jar

Main Rig:

i7-4790K - Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 - EVGA 1070 FTW - 16GB HyperX Fury @ 1866 - 120GB 840 EVO -  1TB WD Blue - XFX XTR 750W (80+ Gold) - Arch Linux/Win10

I'll help:

Blender

DaVinci resolve 12

Cinelerra (linux)

Shotcut

I use Blender every day so it's the best for me. Plus it's free.

I try to answer the best I can. 

Please realize that 95% of issues can be solved through Google.  I'll try to help,  but you need to Google yourself.