New Monitor with Free-sync w/o Nvidia

Lavachyste

Hey everyone,

I sold my display that I used to play and watch movies. Since I have a TV now, I can watch TV on the TV (duh!! ). So I sold the monitor. I am now searching for a gaming monitor. I do have a 780Ti. I'd like a 144Hz 27" and 1ms monitor. I would like to have a G-sync one but the price of those are still quite high. The first entry for free-sybc ion about 200E lower for the same specs.

The questions. Is it really that better? Can I buy a free-synd and not used the tech of free-sync or will it work a bit? So many question. I have my eyes on the Acer Predator XG270HU.

Thanks!

David

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Freesync at the moment is only compatible with AMD cards. You won't be able to use that specific feature on an Nvidia or Intel GPU.

Yes!

But will it relly give an advantage using that technology or g-sync? I mainly play CSGO and I don't see a lot of teerings in general.

Also, I can buy a free-sync monitor and not use the free-sync  right?

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Yes!

But will it relly give an advantage using that technology or g-sync? I mainly play CSGO and I don't see a lot of teerings in general.

Also, I can buy a free-sync monitor and not use the free-sync  right?

Freesync works best on games that don't need a really high frame rate. Which renders CSGO on either Freesync or G-Sync useless.

Yes. Like I said, you just won't be able to use Freesync.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Freesync works best on games that don't need a really high frame rate. Which renders CSGO on either Freesync or G-Sync useless.

Yes. Like I said, you just won't be able to use Freesync.

Thank you!