[US-EVGA] EVGA 600W 80+ Bronze PSU $9.99 (USD)

Jacktastic-Mofo

The fact that you're running SLI 960s w/ an OC'ed 4690K on 380W is so ballsy.

Nvm, I read your signature wrong. Either way, it's a great deal.

EVGA coming in clutch for you :P

I'm kind of tempted to run my main rig with my 400W FSP unit now. SLI GTX 960s but with a 4790K, all overclocked.

I won't though, I don't want to suffer some catastrophic failure.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I regret buying an antec 500d psu for $20 just a couple of days ago...

Is it too late to return it? The 600w is so cheap.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Is it too late to return it? The 600w is so cheap.

I bought it off of craigslist unopened... So yeah, I think it's a little too late...

Shiet, that sucks.

What's worse is that I was thinking about buying the psu off of bstock a week before I bought the antec psu, it was like $30ish or around there...

The B marking says it won't come with any accessories, does that include cables?

Lol that would be so troll if you buy a fully modular one and it didn't come with any cables at all. I think the cable that isn't included would be the power cable and screws.

So I'm going to assume all the main cables are included with the Full modular Power Supplies in the B-Stock section?

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

So I'm going to assume all the main cables are included with the Full modular Power Supplies in the B-Stock section?

Yes, you just might not get a manual or zip ties.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

Yes, you just might not get a manual or zip ties.

Okay cool!

Thank you!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

Just sent a request to evga to cancel my order after looking at this list. Not gonna replace my rebranded seasonic with something in the same tier as a corsair cx.

7c94a09b51.png

Just sent a request to evga to cancel my order after looking at this list. Not gonna replace my rebranded seasonic with something in the same tier as a corsair cx.

7c94a09b51.png

If you've read the Jonny Guru reviews on the EVGA B series power supplies you'd know their actually really good- especially for their price.

If you've read the Jonny Guru reviews on the EVGA B series power supplies you'd know their actually really good- especially for their price.

Originally I was planning on replacing my 2 year old seasonic rebrand (xfx pro 650w xxx) because the fan was too loud under load (probably a defective fan) and figured it was probably worth paying ~$20 for a new one instead of paying ~$10 to rma it. Turns out if I do that, I'll just be getting a psu that's as bad as a cx with only a 1 year warranty. So, although it might be a good power supply, especially for the price, I'd rather not get it to replace my current one. 

Originally I was planning on replacing my 2 year old seasonic rebrand (xfx pro 650w xxx) because the fan was too loud under load (probably a defective fan) and figured it was probably worth paying ~$20 for a new one instead of paying ~$10 to rma it. Turns out if I do that, I'll just be getting a psu that's as bad as a cx with only a 1 year warranty. So, although it might be a good power supply, especially for the price, I'd rather not get it to replace my current one. 

It's not as bad as a Corsair CX- let me quote Jonny Guru directly here-

"Performance (40% of the final score) - and once again we come to the scoring. In general, this was a decent unit indeed. Voltage regulation averaged 1.7% in the hot box, which is enough for me to call it above average. That's a notch down from excellent status, so a half point will come off. Efficiency was a pass for both times, so no points come off for that. Finally, there's the ripple suppression. The two minor rails were excellent, so no points off there. This is not the case for the 12V rail, however, which will see a full point deducted for being merely average, albeit closer to the very good side than the below average side. And there the deductions stop with a total score of 8.5.

Functionality (20% of the final score) - only fully modular units are capable of a perfect score here, so a full point automatically comes off for being non modular. I'm also going to pull another half point for lack of a few zip ties, though I almost hate to do that. Almost. Really, those things are so bleeping cheap that I've come to expect them with any unit that doesn't qualify as a gutless wonder. Cabling is fine, so no points off there. Love the 140mm deep housing - that should help a lot of people out with small cases. I'm stopping here with another 8.5.

Value (20% of the final score) - this unit goes for $44.99 at Tiger Direct right now, and five dollars more at the EVGA site itself. Thirty beans with rebate, though I can't score on rebates. You know what? If you can get this unit at either of those prices, go ahead and get one. It's not quite such a good value at the Tiger Direct non sale price of $59.99, because there are better units for not much more than that, but this price point? All day long. 9.

Build Quality (20% of the final score) - there are going to be a few deductions here. First, half a point comes off for the second tier capacitors. Another half a point comes off for the soldering blips I saw in there. I'll quit there. The unit doesn't really seem to have many things about it that compromise much for the sake of the almighty dollar, so I'll sleep tonight after I give it this here 9.

Performance

Functionality

Value

Build Quality

Total Score

Summary

With the 500B, EVGA did pretty much what they set out to do - release a good, solid, no frills power supply at an affordable price. No, it doesn't have the performance of the Supernova units, but it really doesn't have to. That kind of performance costs money, and if you're shopping at the fifty bean level you simply cannot afford a world class unit. Units like this one are the next best thing. I'd like to see the Japanese capacitors used on at least the 5VSB output, but that remains my only major complaint right now. You could do a lot worse than one of these if all you have is fifty bucks to your name.

The Good:

very good voltage regulation on the 12V rail

excellent stability on the 5V rail

cheapity cheap cheap

good looking

shallow housing

The Bad:

could use a few zip ties in the packaging

The Mediocre:

non modular

second tier capacitors

some soldering blips"

It's not as bad as a Corsair CX- let me quote Jonny Guru directly here-

-snip-

Well.... the CX also rates pretty highly from Jonnyguru-

So the CX430 is under $50, but it seems we get a pretty decent unit for the money. We get 430W worth of continuous power with no surprises. Limited ripple and noise, a quiet 120mm fan, active PFC and fully sleeved cables. Efficiency was a bit of a disappointment, especially since Corsair claims that their unit passed 80 Plus certification and Corsair is not a company like so many others that tend to submit a "modified" unit in order to pass testing. So overall, we don't have a great PSU, but we have a very good one.  If efficiency was better and the component selection was better (at least Teapo capacitors, for example) at this price point Corsair would've hit this completely out of the park.  And although I said I wouldn't ding the PSU for being a group regulated design and crossloading so badly, I feel the need to point out that we've seen group regulated units that at least stayed within spec when crossloaded.

So let's get to scoring this power supply. Power supplies at jonnyGURU.com are scored in four categories: performance, functionality, value and aesthetics. Each category has a different weight that effects the overall score.

Performance (40% of the final score) - The CX430 performs admirably. Voltage regulation was good, the fan produced virtually no noise and the ripple suppression was great. The only real disappointment was the efficiency. Score here is a 9.

Functionality (20% of the final score) - The unit is a compact size and the cables are fully sleeved. We get a pretty decent compliment of cables for a 430W. The unit is not modular, so there's a ding for that, but not much of one. Score here is a 9.

Value (30% of the final score) - We found the CX430 for under $50 at a number of outlets, and much lower at some that offered mail in rebates and the such. This is an excellent price for a PSU that performs and looks this well. Ordinarily, I wouldn't expect PFC or fully sleeved cables at this price point. Internally, the construction is just average with the group regulated topology and use of Samxcon capacitors. Corsair also only gives this unit a two year warranty. Perhaps thats as long as the Samxon caps last? Value score is a 9.

Aesthetics (10% of the final score) - This unit has very tame looks. It's just a flat back finish, but the fully sleeved cables, that are sleeved all of the way into the housing none the less, were a nice surprise. Aesthetic score is a 9.

When we put this all together, we get a total score of 9, and thus the unit gets a "jonnyGURU recommended".

Performance

Functionality

Value

Aesthetics

Total Score

Summary

The Good:

Quiet
Decent voltage regulation
Fully sleeved cables
Good ripple suppression
Great price
The Bad:

Not as efficient as we would like to see.
The Mediocre:

Use of Chinese Samxon capacitors throughout.
Group regulated design.

JonnyGuru doesn't test long term quality, just how it handles the different load levels at the time of testing. 

Is the 850W G2 good? Would there be any problems with the PSU because it's refurbished?