PC makes loud buzzing sound through audio output while ingame.

red773

Please help ever since I rebuilt my pc in a new case with a custom loop, whenever I launch a game I hear a very audable buzzing electronic sounding sound from all my computers audio outputs its not coil whine my pc is not making the sound itself its coming from only my audio outputs. The sound is not affected by volume and is still there even if I mute my sound. The sound varies in loudness based on fps 60 is pretty bad and 200 is almost screaching all while my gpus are not making any sounds I can listen inside my case and besides my pump I dont hear anything even while my pc is gaming. I have tried re-installing my audio drivers and it didint help. Also the sound comes as much from front panel audio as it does from the motherboard.

Please help ever since I rebuilt my pc in a new case with a custom loop, whenever I launch a game I hear a very audable buzzing electronic sounding sound from all my computers audio outputs its not coil whine my pc is not making the sound itself its coming from only my audio outputs. The sound is not affected by volume and is still there even if I mute my sound. The sound varies in loudness based on fps 60 is pretty bad and 200 is almost screaching all while my gpus are not making any sounds I can listen inside my case and besides my pump I dont hear anything even while my pc is gaming. I have tried re-installing my audio drivers and it didint help. Also the sound comes as much from front panel audio as it does from the motherboard.

Is your case / computer grounded?

It's not a race to the bottom.

So if you unplug your speakers / headset it goes away?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

So if you unplug your speakers / headset it goes away?

The computer does not make any sound the buzzing only comes out of any speakers/headphones I plug into my pc

yes

That buzz is an electrical noise.

You can either limit your frame rate to lower the noise, use an external DAC, a better internal sound card or make sure your computer is wired with a ground.

That buzz is an electrical noise.

You can either limit your frame rate to lower the noise, use an external DAC, a better internal sound card or make sure your computer is wired with a ground.

My issue seems to be my second 980ti makes tons of coil whine while the first one is nearly silent I think your right its electrical interference my question is would an internal 7.1 sound card fix the problem?

My issue seems to be my second 980ti makes tons of coil whine while the first one is nearly silent I think your right its electrical interference my question is would an internal 7.1 sound card fix the problem?

Hopefully someone can tell you that. In theory yes it would get rid off all the noise, however I have never used one so can't back it up myself.