Scratch Removal on Case Windows?

burgo_pc

Does anyone have any tips on removing light scratches on clear acrylic case windows? I'm currently kicking myself after just scratching my new side window on my 450d.

This is only a test

Does anyone have any tips on removing light scratches on clear acrylic case windows? I'm currently kicking myself after just scratching my new side window on my 450d.

Novus makes a really good plastic polish for removing scratches but in general micro scratches will occur overtime with regular cleaning:

http://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B002UCYRZU

Go to a glass cutter and a get another panel cut.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Or, if you have a TAPs Plastics nearby, just bring your old panel to them and have them make a new one - but it might be cheaper to buy a new case... :P

But if you go that route, it would be a good time to spiff your rig up - get some new colored bars and flats and add some LEDs to deck your rig out for the holidays  :D

Folding For Linus since July 2015

nothing really works...it's all a scam.  at best you can get a filler if the scratches are deep but those side pannels are made of shit, no quality. Just replace it, scratches drive me nuts. 

I doubt a piece of glass would cost that much. I will definitely look into it. Speaking of cheap and nasty with this case (Corsair Obsidian 450d), the front tabs that keep the front fan filter in place have already snapped. I'm now using 'Blu-Tak' to hold it.  

This is only a test

I doubt a piece of glass would cost that much. I will definitely look into it. Speaking of cheap and nasty with this case (Corsair Obsidian 450d), the front tabs that keep the front fan filter in place have already snapped. I'm now using 'Blu-Tak' to hold it.  

Most local glass shops can custom cut you a sheet usually for <$20, double sided mounting tape or silicone is a great way of mounting the glass if you want no gap due to the thickness of the double sided tape.

For the front panel you can always use matching neodymium magnets instead of those latches.

Most local glass shops can custom cut you a sheet usually for <$20, double sided mounting tape or silicone is a great way of mounting the glass if you want no gap due to the thickness of the double sided tape.

For the front panel you can always use matching neodymium magnets instead of those latches.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help :)

This is only a test