Drive dissapeared after disabling search indexing

MammothJerk

G1.Sniper 5 motherboard using the Marvell SE9230 ports

I thought my NEW 4x 6TB WD Green (RAID 10) were making a bit more noise then i'd like so i wanted to turn on disk spin-down when i wasn't using them.

I first went to power options and set 'turn off hard disk after' to 1 just to see if it works

I then right clicked my drive, went into properties and unchecked the 'Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties' box.

I waited for it to finish and then restarted my computer.

When i turned my computer back on again i couldn't see the drive at all any more so i went into power options and turned 'turn off hard disk after' back to never just in-case that was the problem.

Still nothing

I then went into Disk management and i didn't see the drive there either so i hit action -> rescan disks

This seemed to take forever so i just left it on overnight and when i woke up it seems like it had crashed.

I restarted my computer and tried to rescan again this time it only took a few seconds but the drive still did not show up.

I then went into the BIOS which says it's still functional

699d921944.jpg

Same in the StorageTray utility

b4e95e629c.png

Now I'm at a loss in what to do. hopefully someone can save me

(I really rather not redo my RAID since i have about 10TB of data which will take over a week to transfer back over)

Make sure to change all settings back to the way they were originally, then power off the machine and unplug all 4 of those drives from SATA and power.  Now restart the machine just running the primary drive, and let it boot into windows and give it a few moments.  Then shut the machine down, plug the 4 drives back up, and re-start the machine.  Hopefully this will make windows recognize the drives again.  If had some success with this in the past when hardware isn't reconized by the OS for whatever reason.

Make sure to change all settings back to the way they were originally, then power off the machine and unplug all 4 of those drives from SATA and power.  Now restart the machine just running the primary drive, and let it boot into windows and give it a few moments.  Then shut the machine down, plug the 4 drives back up, and re-start the machine.  Hopefully this will make windows recognize the drives again.  If had some success with this in the past when hardware isn't reconized by the OS for whatever reason.

I tried this but nothing changed