Samsung SSD

BAhern96

I just recently bought a 850 pro to swap it with with my 5400 rpm hard drive. How good is the samsung One-stop Install Navigator software? Is it worth using?

Thank you

I just recently bought a 850 pro to swap it with with my 5400 rpm hard drive. How good is the samsung One-stop Install Navigator software? Is it worth using?

Thank you

Follow... your post

Return the pro and get the 850 evo

I got the 850 pro for $40 usd more 

your better off doing a fresh install imo, its makes it go a lot faster.

Can leave a link on how to do it?

If you have your windows disk still just use that and find the key on the computer or the box if you still have it. If no watch a few youtube vids on creating a bootstick with Rufus. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/3t98vn/h_office_2016_for_pc_mac_now_in_stock_windows_10/ to buy windows keys and getting the iso

If you have your windows disk still just use that and find the key on the computer or the box if you still have it. If no watch a few youtube vids on creating a bootstick with Rufus. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/3t98vn/h_office_2016_for_pc_mac_now_in_stock_windows_10/ to buy windows keys and getting the iso

I already have windows on my hdd was gonna upgrade to windows ten first

Cloning does not work well from experince, it can have negative effects. Its much easier to do a fresh install and transfer files over via Usb sata connection. 

Is there a way around not having to buy the os again?

Yeah do you have your Orignial Disk for windows? If not you can run a script to get your key, call microsoft and ask them to unlock it since im assuming its a OEM key.

The laptop came with windows installed I can get the key though

Yes when a computer comes with windows installed its called OEM :o If you can get the key and if it works no problem there you go :D If you just need the Iso and a USB thats around 8-16 gb USB 3.0 preferred to make it into a bootable stick than your golden :D

Yes when a computer comes with windows installed its called OEM :o If you can get the key and if it works no problem there you go :D If you just need the Iso and a USB thats around 8-16 gb USB 3.0 preferred to make it into a bootable stick than your golden :D

Does the usb have to have no files on it?

and also do i need to initialize the ssd before installing it?

What you have to do is Change the Bios settings from the default HDD settings to AHCI. Go here : http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Why-do-i-need-AHCI-with-a-SSD-Drive-Guide-Here-Crucial-AHCI-vs/td-p/57078 to see why.  Than once you have that done you can install the OS via USB or if youhave the disks still.

What you have to do is Change the Bios settings from the default HDD settings to AHCI. Go here : http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Why-do-i-need-AHCI-with-a-SSD-Drive-Guide-Here-Crucial-AHCI-vs/td-p/57078 to see why.  Than once you have that done you can install the OS via USB or if youhave the disks still.

my laptop didn't even come with an optical drive haha

Return the pro and get the 850 evo

Why return a pro for an evo which is worse. If you can afford the pro then get the pro.

Does the flash drive have to be blank?

Does the flash drive have to be blank?

Well, if you're using it to install windows, in order to turn it into a bootable USB for installation, it will be formatted over, so yeah, get your stuff off of it before proceeding.

As long as you have the OEM key, and a installation ISO that matches your OEM OS, you'll be fine. I upgraded my laptop to a SSD by using the OEM key and a installation ISO.

I use Rufus to make bootable USB drives though.

Please do make sure your BIOS is set to run the SSD as ACHI

I think Windows will automatically initialize the disk for you during the installer.

Well, if you're using it to install windows, in order to turn it into a bootable USB for installation, it will be formatted over, so yeah, get your stuff off of it before proceeding.

As long as you have the OEM key, and a installation ISO that matches your OEM OS, you'll be fine. I upgraded my laptop to a SSD by using the OEM key and a installation ISO.

I use Rufus to make bootable USB drives though.

Please do make sure your BIOS is set to run the SSD as ACHI

I think Windows will automatically initialize the disk for you during the installer.

The other question I have is if I upgrade to windows 10 will it still give me an OEM key. I was thinking of doing that since I'm running 8.1 right now.

The other question I have is if I upgrade to windows 10 will it still give me an OEM key. I was thinking of doing that since I'm running 8.1 right now.

Well, it'll give you a Windows 10 key. I upgraded my laptop (originally came with Windows 8) and it just got a windows 10 key. I don't know if it's OEM or if it's a new generated key for Windows 10.

Well, it'll give you a Windows 10 key. I upgraded my laptop (originally came with Windows 8) and it just got a windows 10 key. I don't know if it's OEM or if it's a new generated key for Windows 10.

I'll update it and I'll see what happens