CPU cooling

Guiille
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

It will allow the CPU to run cooler, which can certainly extend its life. However, another benefit to having an aftermarket cooler can simply be....it's quieter versus using the stock cooler.

Hi guys, so i have a Intel i3-3220 in this computer, it work like a year with the default cooler.

My cuestion is if i buy a new cooler it will extend the life of que cpu or just refrigerate?

I want to buy this one:
dZFmcGc.png

Sorry if i have bad inglish, im from Uruguay :P

Hi guys, so i have a Intel i3-3220 in this computer, it work like a year with the default cooler.

My cuestion is if i buy a new cooler it will extend the life of que cpu or just refrigerate?

I want to buy this one:

dZFmcGc.png

Follow your post! Also welcome to the forums :)

It will allow the CPU to run cooler, which can certainly extend its life. However, another benefit to having an aftermarket cooler can simply be....it's quieter versus using the stock cooler.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I want to buy this one:

dZFmcGc.png

If your temps are constantly over 80ºc, then yeah, the cooler will extend the life of your CPU. But if not, it won't really change much, aside for reducing noise.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

There is no need to buy one unless you want a cooler that looks sexier or is quieter. While it will keep the CPU cool, it's not worth it unless you are planning to buy an overclockable CPU for that motherboard.

Tnks you bro, I do not regret to coming to this forum

Tnks you bro, I do not regret to coming to this forum

Happy to help.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch