Can't get windows 7 Ult. to install. please help

V0LTAGEzZ

i recently got an asus G750

it came with windows 8, but since i had a spare Windows 7 ultimate OEM i decided to just get it and replace it later

however, i can't get the installation to start. i have disabled "Secure Boot" and i can get to the screen where windows is starting but then it just freezes

leading up to this i had been having some problems with Win8 and i thought they would be fixed by installing 7.

one other thought, if i take a blank hard drive and install win7 on it, can i later replace the old drive and run 8 or once an OS is installed it's the only one a comp will run?

i am still under warranty so i /can/ return it but i would rather not.

is this a problem i can fix by myself or should i just get a new one?

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.8Ghz, MoBoROG Maximus VI Formula, Graphics Cards: Dual MSI 4GB@8.5GHz Nvidia GTX 770@1.3GHz , Memory16GB Kingston HyperX @2.4Ghz Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, Storage: RAID 0: Seagate Barracuta x2 4TB, PSU: Corsair GS 800, Cooler: Corsair H100i, Case: Antec P280 Peripherals: Triple ASUS VH238H 1080p monitors (5760x1080p), Razer Mamba, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Razer Orbweaver, Steelseries H Wireless
Laptop: ASUS G750JW: CPUQuad-Core i7 4th Gen @3.4Ghz, Memory12GB memory, Storage: 1.5TB Hard Drive (1TB + 500GB), GPU: GTX 765m 2GB-GDDR5

You're trying to get the installation to start right? Did you set up your system in the BIOS to boot from the disc drive? If you don't perform that step, you won't be able to boot from the Windows 7 installation disc. Rather it'll boot straight from your HDD that has Windows 8.