My First Build. Please Critique it.

Go to: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sHKjTW

This is my Pc build that i put together on Pc part picker. Id like anyone who is a veteran at building computers to check and see if I bottle necked or messed up anywhere.

My concerns:

1.The right wattage? I went 60 watts over what PC Part Picker said. Is that appropriate?

2.Do i need more fans for my case or a better fan for my CPU?

3.Any Bottle necks.

4.Products that aren't reliable. ex. Break in a few months

I Plan on using this comp for Gaming/Streaming/Video editing/Browsing the web

Go to: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sHKjTW 

This is my Pc build that i put together on Pc part picker. Id like anyone who is a veteran at building computers to check and see if I bottle necked or messed up anywhere.

My concerns:

1.The right wattage? I went 60 watts over what PC Part Picker said. Is that appropriate?

2.Do i need more fans for my case or a better fan for my CPU?

3.Any Bottle necks.

I Plan on using this comp for Gaming/Streaming/Video editing/Browsing the web

Your PC part picker link is broken, and follow your own topics to get notifications. 

get the os from g2a to save yourself a lot of money.

you need a more powerful power supply. for a 980 and 6700k you'll need a 600w minimum.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

get the os from g2a to save yourself a lot of money.

you need a more powerful power supply. for a 980 and 6700k you'll need a 600w minimum.

pc part picker say 11W - 91W for the cpu, Is their estimates wrong?

The minimum System Power Requirement on the Nvidia website for the 980 is 500w 

post-66710-0-01283900-1448126770.png

yes, ill put it this way.

underload at boost, your cpu is going to pull about 100w from the psu, your gpu will also pull about 300-350 depending on thr overclock you get, which means youll have almost no wiggle room at all on your psu. you never want to run a power supply at full steam if you can help it, because many simply will not be capable of putting out watts close to whats on thr sidd of the box. the corsair rm series will, but you can still grt a power supply that will give you some wiggle room,since that psu simply is barely enough.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Ya, I noticed like after I posted that.

To OP, you could probably save some money by getting a cheaper board from Gigabyte or MSI that way you can put a bit of extra money towards the GPU.   I've heard that the 980 isn't really worth it.  I think it had something to do with the pricing of the 970 and 980ti.  Plus, for around that you can get a single card with 2x the vram which will help with higher resolutions.  The PSU feels rather low for an unlocked processor and a high-end GPU even more so if you plan to OC.  A 550-650w would give you more headroom for upgrades too, not just OCing.

What GPU do you recommend?

yes, ill put it this way.

underload at boost, your cpu is going to pull about 100w from the psu, your gpu will also pull about 300-350 depending on thr overclock you get, which means youll have almost no wiggle room at all on your psu. you never want to run a power supply at full steam if you can help it, because many simply will not be capable of putting out watts close to whats on thr sidd of the box. the corsair rm series will, but you can still grt a power supply that will give you some wiggle room,since that psu simply is barely enough.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Ok, solved the power supply. I will do some more research on the 390/390x. What about the cooling?

Spend more on the cooler, even though the 212 is good you might want something better :P Also, the RM line from Corsair is a little overpriced. 600W PSU at least.

What Cpu cooler do you recommend and any additional fans?

Do any of you guys know if i buy and install windows 7 on my new comp that i can still get the free upgrade to 10?