Black ops 3 Cant change NAT type to OPEN

nodim666

ym2mtw2yj0nu.jpg

Any ideas why ?

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

Fella....you need to put the .exe name which is or was in the beta stage blackops3.exe and not black ops 3.

EDIT:

You also need to make sure you have UPnP enabled.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Fella....you need to put the .exe name which is or was in the beta stage blackops3.exe and not black ops 3.

EDIT:

will try it now and report back

thx! 

im new to this "router" thingy :D 

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

EDIT:

ok i must be doing something wrong

i changed all the port names to blackops3.exe 

then i restarted my router and found out my ip changed so i went and changed all the ports to the current IP

i also enabled UPnp but its still says "moderate" NAT type ingame

any idea?

ok i must be doing something wrong

i changed all the port names to blackops3.exe 

then i restarted my router and found out my ip changed so i went and changed all the ports to the current IP

i also enabled UPnp but its still says "moderate" NAT type ingame

any idea?

This is a step up.

Please give me the router's model number.

This is a step up.

Please give me the router's model number.

Hey

i logged into the company website the one who installed the internet in my house

and they had an option in the website to open ports

i used them to do it and now it works 

i just wonder if i reset my router if things will messed up again

Hey

i logged into the company website the one who installed the internet in my house

and they had an option in the website to open ports

i used them to do it and now it works 

i just wonder if i reset my router if things will messed up again

Well it would depend on what type of reset are you talking about. Normally there are two types,

1. a "hard rest" which will reset the router/modem to default, which is what i think you don't want and is done by holding the reset button for a specified time.
  2. a "reboot" which can change some stuff but would most likely keep the port forwarding you just set up with the ports(yes what you did is called port forwarding) which is done by using the reboot function in the router's/modem's web GUI(this is the place you put in the ports)

What you should look for is the option to save your configuration where all your settings will be saved as a file that the router/modem can read and should you happen to reset your router/modem to default settings, you can just upload the previous settings and all you may have to do is change the IP address if it changes.

Well it would depend on what type of reset are you talking about. Normally there are two types,

1. a "hard rest" which will reset the router/modem to default, which is what i think you don't want and is done by holding the reset button for a specified time.
  2. a "reboot" which can change some stuff but would most likely keep the port forwarding you just set up with the ports(yes what you did is called port forwarding) which is done by using the reboot function in the router's/modem's web GUI(this is the place you put in the ports)

What you should look for is the option to save your configuration where all your settings will be saved as a file that the router/modem can read and should you happen to reset your router/modem to default settings, you can just upload the previous settings and all you may have to do is change the IP address if it changes.

thanks ! 

i will call my internet support tomorrow and ask them for instructions so i wont lose settings any reboot the modem go on

You don't want open. Strict is not good, but moderate is exactly what you want and you shouldn't have any issues.

NAT is Network Address Translation. Basically, it takes your private IPs and allows them all to communicate outside of your network through a single public IP. 

Moderate means that you are behind a router and/or firewall, and not exposed to the outside (which is good).

If you're really stuck on having your NAT set to open for whatever crazy reason, you could consider adding one address (your game console/PC) or even your entire network (this is dangerous) to the "DMZ". This will put that address or network out in the open on the internet, which as you can imagine is bad. 

TL;DR moderate is fine.

Oh, and Leonard is wrong about the "server name" column. That's just a name that lets you identify which ports you've opened for which applications. 

Also, hiding that IP wasn't necessary. It's your internal IP and can't be used maliciously unless your external IP is also known. (10.x.x.x is reserved for private, as well as some others)