'Trying' OSX (El Capitain) in virtualbox (Linux host)

I am running Linux Mint 17.2 (with Cinnamon as the DE) and am curious if I could install OSX (probably El Capitain) in a VM - solely so I can organize my Steam games . . .

You can certainly installed OSX as a virtual machine, however it is a complicated process.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

You can certainly installed OSX as a virtual machine, however it is a complicated process.

Ive done it on windows and it was surprisingly easy. i can probably find the install guide i used. I dont know how that will affect linux but it shouldnt be much different since its a VM

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Because of this forum's CoC I think I'm not able to tell you how to do it, but there are distros of pre-packaged versions of OSX that might work

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Because of this forum's CoC I think I'm not able to tell you how to do it, but there are distros of pre-packaged versions of OSX that might work

Is VMing OSX considered piracy? Never really looked into Mac stuff...

Is VMing OSX considered piracy? Never really looked into Mac stuff...

I know it definitely was whenever the versions of OSX were paid updates and if you got it through a distro, but now I'm not so sure, and honestly I haven't really looked into the way OSX is licensed now that the updates are free and I was more or less just making sure I was within the CoC by giving a vague answer

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*