Should I buy a new Video Card

Go to solution Solved by Mr.McMister,

My recommendation is that you wait until you can buy a new GPU, CPU, MoBo and RAM in one go since graphics tech advances so quickly and by the time you'll be able to take full advantage of it there will be better cards for the same amount of money. This does depend on the timeline of purchasing parts if it's only a couple months to a new system then go ahead, but 6 months to a year then hold off.

You won't be able to run GTA V at all on that CPU and it will really struggle in fallout 4, but CS GO and Gmod will run great. How much the card is bottlenecked will depend heavily on the game.

I am currently buying new parts to swap out and eventually have a new PC, but so far I ordered a new case (NZXT Noctis 450 white) and a new 650w power supply. I currently have a very old Radeon HD 4200 (that doesnt even work with windows 8.1 64 bit which i have) and an Athlon II 635 CPU and 4GB of DDR2 ram. I wanted to buy a new EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB card but don't know if it will work with such an old cpu, mothermoard, and ram. I want to play GTA 5, Fallout 4, GMod, CSGO, and other games at 1080p. Please help.

Get a R9 380. It will work fine.

I like NVidia more sorry. but can I run at 100% gpu?

I like NVidia more sorry. but can I run at 100% gpu?

If you are referring to your PSU, it will run fine.

If you are referring to your PSU, it will run fine.

No, im afraid of cpu or memory bottlenecks

No, im afraid of cpu or memory bottlenecks

Memory, no. CPU, most likely.

Memory, no. CPU, most likely.

Is it gonna be a big deal?like out of 100 fps will i only get 50?

Is it gonna be a big deal?like out of 100 fps will i only get 50?

I'm not an expert at bottlenecks. You should probably find someone else for the answer to that question.

I'm not an expert at bottlenecks. You should probably find someone else for the answer to that question.

thx for answering all my questions <3

My recommendation is that you wait until you can buy a new GPU, CPU, MoBo and RAM in one go since graphics tech advances so quickly and by the time you'll be able to take full advantage of it there will be better cards for the same amount of money. This does depend on the timeline of purchasing parts if it's only a couple months to a new system then go ahead, but 6 months to a year then hold off.

You won't be able to run GTA V at all on that CPU and it will really struggle in fallout 4, but CS GO and Gmod will run great. How much the card is bottlenecked will depend heavily on the game.