New Monitors

AOGames

Okay so Ive been looking to buy some new monitors ever since I bought my new streaming PC and what Im looking at is either 21:9 ultra plus the 1080 16:9 I already have or another 1080p monitor

So I guess my real question is would streaming 21:9 games be bad even if I fill the black bars with other information like webcam etc or is 16:9 the only way to go? 

Here's a Twitch video of a 21:9 Half-Life 2 stream: http://www.twitch.tv/troyborg/c/4507735

I don't think you'll be able to cover the black bars since those are made by Twitch when the video is sent to them since they, I think, convert it to 16:9 on their end to then be streamed to your viewers, but I could be wrong since I haven't streamed 21:9.

Personally I think it looks good, but you should be thinking about what games you're going to be streaming and if they even support 21:9 at all or even with ini tweaks/mods. I'm not switching to a 21:9 monitor until they get cheaper and developers actually start including support for it by default.

I love my 1920x1080 Dell monitors since for ~$200 you get a really nice panel and stand, but on the 21:9 side you get a decent/good panel and a very cheap stand for the same price, but if you have the funds to buy something more expensive or if you don't really care about the stand and the panel is fine for you then hey by all means go for it.

*Edit, now I thought about it a bit more, you could have OBS/Xsplit set to record in 1920x1080 and have your 21:9 monitor captured so you create your own black bars that you can overlay with a webcam/banner or something and then stream that, well I'm pretty sure you could have it setup that way.

Here's a Twitch video of a 21:9 Half-Life 2 stream: http://www.twitch.tv/troyborg/c/4507735

I don't think you'll be able to cover the black bars since those are made by Twitch when the video is sent to them since they, I think, convert it to 16:9 on their end to then be streamed to your viewers, but I could be wrong since I haven't streamed 21:9.

Personally I think it looks good, but you should be thinking about what games you're going to be streaming and if they even support 21:9 at all or even with ini tweaks/mods. I'm not switching to a 21:9 monitor until they get cheaper and developers actually start including support for it by default.

I love my 1920x1080 Dell monitors since for ~$200 you get a really nice panel and stand, but on the 21:9 side you get a decent/good panel and a very cheap stand for the same price, but if you have the funds to buy something more expensive or if you don't really care about the stand and the panel is fine for you then hey by all means go for it.

*Edit, now I thought about it a bit more, you could have OBS/Xsplit set to record in 1920x1080 and have your 21:9 monitor captured so you create your own black bars that you can overlay with a webcam/banner or something and then stream that, well I'm pretty sure you could have it setup that way.

Yes that is what I meant by that I should have been more clear I mean use a obs set to 16:9 and streaming my 21:9 game with stuff like webcam in those black bars