Ghosting when monitor is cold?

I usually leave my laptop beside the windows sill (small dorm room and such), and since the window is slightly open, and this is Canada, it gets pretty cold.

I turned it on to install the new windows update and I saw some massive ghosting that I don't remember it having. The ghosting was perceivable if I payed attention, but this is very obvious.

So my question is, does the temperature influence the performance of the monitor (I know of the obvious side effects of heat)

Its the 2014 razer blade, so its got a 3k IGZO panel (not sure if its ips or va)

Link to the slow-mo video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q4wts6w8s2m1ar/VIDEO0166.mp4?dl=0

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

It's because it's LCD, LCD doesn't like cold, not much you can do about it.

And IGZO is not a panel type, it's a type of transistor that's used to control the dispaly. Most (if not all of them) are IPS, but it can be TN and even OLED too, but those aren't manufactured afaik. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

And IGZO is a type of IPS display.

IGZO is a type of transistor material, as opposed to silicon. It can be used in any panel type you want, there have been both IPS and VA monitors using IGZO transistors.

And IGZO is a type of IPS display.

Is it to do with the properties of the liquid crystal in the pixels? Do they change polarization slower at lower temps?

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

IGZO is a type of transistor material, as opposed to silicon. It can be used in any panel type you want, there have been both IPS and VA monitors using IGZO transistors.

ye i fixed my post I knew it has nothing to do with panel type.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Yes. All TFT LCDs get sluggish when cold. LED doesn't usually suffer from it.

Just so you know, you're likely below the normal operating temperature and hence risking your warranty.

Just so you know, you're likely below the normal operating temperature and hence risking your warranty.

LED has nothing to do with it either, it's just a back light. All LCD's period get slower.

Unless you mean OLED.

Spoiler

Its only a couple degrees below ambient. It isnt like -25C outside or anything.

On a side note, when i visited Svalbard, the ambient temp was close to -25C and my phone did all kinds of wigging out at that temp.

LED has nothing to do with it either, it's just a back light. All LCD's period get slower.

Unless you mean OLED.

Yup. I meant meant LED, not LED-backlit TFT.

Not all LED panels are OLED though. Not saying it's common but the thing exists. A few years back it was more wide-spread. OLED costs like crazy to manufacture in comparison to traditional LED so really only the most common sizes are manufactured, like 5,5" and the ones where price is justifiable, like 55". But there just seems to be no market for OLED in laptop or desktop monitor sizes so they're namely LED. Or, of course, different types of LED-backlit TFTs. 

Not all LED panels are OLED though. Not saying it's common but the thing exists. A few years back it was more wide-spread. OLED costs like crazy to manufacture in comparison to traditional LED so really only the most common sizes are manufactured, like 5,5" and the ones where price is justifiable, like 55". But there just seems to be no market for OLED in laptop or desktop monitor sizes so they're namely LED. Or, of course, different types of LED-backlit TFTs. 

You seem confused. There are no such thing as LED panels. There are only LCDs using LED backlights for illumination, or OLEDs.

that's just an lcd monitor.

Spoiler

You seem confused. There are no such thing as LED panels. There are only LCDs using LED backlights for illumination, or OLEDs.

Could it be that you yourself are not thinking of the time before 2010 when OLED was introduced? Or things outside our desktops? Like Skrillex shows, military, industry, outdoor-advertising, vehicles, non-smart watches, aviation... This is veering so far away from both the OP's topic and my original point. But really, LED panels with no TFTs or LCDs or anything like that exist and have existed for a good while and they do not suffer from the cold.

Could it be that you yourself are not thinking of the time before 2010 when OLED was introduced? Or things outside our desktops? Like Skrillex shows, military, industry, outdoor-advertising, vehicles, non-smart watches, aviation... This is veering so far away from bots the OP's topic and my original point. But really, LED panels with no TFTs or LCDs or anything like that exist and have existed for a good while and they do not suffer from the cold.

Maybe in dot-matrix signage lol. That's not even relevant to the conversation. There is no such thing as an LED TV or monitor, with a high-resolution tricolor panel of pure LEDs.