Where should I work?

legend8887

I'm turning 16 in January and I really want to get a job because I'm poor and I can get a lot of money for my computer. I have no experience so what are some good first time jobs?

A job where you can get hired is the best type of job I'm my opinion

Talk to @Flyguygamer

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I'm turning 16 in January and I really want to get a job because I'm poor and I can get a lot of money for my computer. I have no experience so what are some good first time jobs?

Any kind of place that hires hourly employees and is willing to work with your school schedule. Local stores, fast food joints, really anywhere. Just be willing to work hard, show dedication to your job, and don't a pain in your boss' ass. Lol. A big thing to remember is that - while loving what you do for your job is important, at this point in your life you're not trying to settle into a career - what is more important is the people you work with. I had to work at McDonald's while in college, after I worked in fast food in HS and I swore I would never do it again, and I hated that job - but - because I worked with a mostly great group of people who all recognized that working there was sucky, we were able to make it through the day.

Basically the bottom line is - if you can land a halfway decent job while in school, you're doing well in this economy. Whenever you feel like your job is unbearable, just remember that it's not permanent and, if you show a good solid work ethics and you don't miss shifts/call in sick, you will be setting yourself up for getting even better jobs and pay in the future. Also, start your resume now. Track each job on a spreadsheet, or in a notebook at the minimum. Note your position title and description, hours worked on avg per week, your pay and any raises/bonuses you get, your managers' names, and any special duties or accomplishments that you perform while at a job or special recognitions (like "employee of the month").

In terms of where to look - start with the local paper and Craigslist. If that doesn't work, actually going store to store to ask if they are hiring can be very beneficial. I got a couple different jobs while in college by simply walking in, asking if they were hiring, and the manager or owner actually interviewed me on the spot. Side not: if you go the 'walk-in' route, make sure that you aren't dressed like a total slob. I'm not saying wear a suit and tie, but make sure you wear clothes that don't have holes or stains all over them (and nothing obscene), make sure your hair is neat (and if you are a guy either shave or make sure any facial hair you have is trimmed), and always start with a firm handshake.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to tag or PM me.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Where do I look?

He tagged me, so it gave me a notification to come look. 

As he said, the best job is one that will hire you. I started working as a file clerk in a law firm in July of 2014, now I'm leaving that job because I just got an offer as a mechanic which I start in a few weeks. 

Get a resume together and just go to every business in the area you want to work for and give it to them. At 16 you'll probably have to apply for 10's or 100's of jobs before you get hired. 

Then just work and enjoy the money.