390x for 480 CAD?

Jerakl

Guy is selling NIB (still shrinkwrapped) 390x for 480. For reference at memoryexpress they are 600 CAD + tax.

Soo, you guys think it's a good upgrade from a GTX 780?

Especially for the price? Or should I wait until Arctic Islands?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I would day it's not worth it because it isn't a big enough upgrade to justify the purchase.

Fair enough. Although a 390x can do 1440p high settings from what I've heard (from my friends who have a 390).

It depends if I ever decide to change monitor setup.

Right now 780 is fine for single 1080p and a secondary monitor.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

How the hell did this end up in LFG?

LOL

Hmm.... Its like upgrading to a 970/780 Ti... But that price is really attractive though.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Hmm.... Its like upgrading to a 970/780 Ti... But that price is really attractive though.

AFAIK 390x outpaces the 970 by a lot.

AFAIK 390x outpaces the 970 by a lot.

Not by an overwhelming. Slots between the 980 and 970 nicely.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Not by an overwhelming. Slots between the 980 and 970 nicely.

In some games in the benchmarks I've looked at it is above 980. More or less trades blows with it. Because it's quite far above a 970.

considering a 980 here starts at about 700$ for the same performance, that's a pretty good deal. Mind you 390x is normally like 600$.

In some games in the benchmarks I've looked at it is above 980. More or less trades blows with it. Because it's quite far above a 970.

considering a 980 here starts at about 700$ for the same performance, that's a pretty good deal. Mind you 390x is normally like 600$.

Well in some games. Like battlefront and black ops 3 to name a few. The price certainly is attractive. I got my 390x for the same price as a 970 g1 so yea...

Well in some games. Like battlefront and black ops 3 to name a few. The price certainly is attractive. I got my 390x for the same price as a 970 g1 so yea...

As said, cards tend to average out about the same.

I would go for a 390x personally because 

Muh skyrim 4K textures

780 only has 3 GB VRAM :( No nice textures for me.

As said, cards tend to average out about the same.

I would go for a 390x personally because

Muh skyrim 4K textures

780 only has 3 GB VRAM :( No nice textures for me.

That's the exact same reason I went with the 390x. 3gb on the 280x is really limiting.

That's the exact same reason I went with the 390x. 3gb on the 280x is really limiting.

With skyrim mods sure. For most games it's been fine.

But muh skyrim skin and tree textures.

IDK, right now planning on waiting until arctic islands.