New Build For My Friend

Mullen_S

So basically, my friend currently games on a really bad laptop and would like to upgrade his setup so I'm helping him pick parts for his build and am going to help him build it.  Anyways, his budget is €1200 which but in Ireland we have to order from the UK Amazon so that is around £850. He wants to play games such as GTA 5, Fallout 4, and he plays tons of Skyrim so it should be able to run a modded version of that. He needs to fit a monitor, mouse, and keyboard in the budget but you can just use a 60Hz 1080p monitor and he doesn't need a mechanical keyboard. He doesn't need to get Windows because he says he will get that by, lets just say, other means. No video editing will be done or rendering, just gaming and web browsing. I'd like to get it cheaper or maybe the same price with better performance so if anyone knows how please say. This is the rough build I've made so far;  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Mullen/saved/#view=W47323   Thanks :)

I'm a beast

All is good except for the card and the PSU. Gigabyte have voltage hardlocks and broken bioses on their 390 so stay away from them. May I suggest the Powercolor R9 390? It's black/white and is cheaper than the others :D Also, the NEX series from EVGA is like the CX from Corsair, avoid it. G2/GS from EVGA are good and anything from seasonic or superflower are very good too c: Also XFX. Furthermore, the 212 Evo can be swapped out for a Cryorig H7 if it's available.

Please remember to follow your own threads.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

All is good except for the card and the PSU. Gigabyte have voltage hardlocks and broken bioses on their 390 so stay away from them. May I suggest the Powercolor R9 390? It's black/white and is cheaper than the others :D Also, the NEX series from EVGA is like the CX from Corsair, avoid it. G2/GS from EVGA are good and anything from seasonic or superflower are very good too c: Also XFX. Furthermore, the 212 Evo can be swapped out for a Cryorig H7 if it's available.

Please remember to follow your own threads.

Yeah, I just followed my thread now, also, what card for the 390 would you reccomend, or should I just go with a 970.

I'm a beast

Yeah, I just followed my thread now, also, what card for the 390 would you reccomend, or should I just go with a 970.

Any manufacturer of 390s are good except for Asus and Gigabyte. Asus cooler can't cool the VRMs properly and Gigabyte are bad for the reasons above. I would never recommend a 970 in this day and age unless the end user specifically needs Nvidia's features/is a diehard fanboy.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats