too high temps with 212 evo ?

marcelalberti123

Hello kind techtippers,

So I recently got New parts. This was the first time installing New parts in any pc. So I did my thermal paste didnt do to much but I did the cc method. I later realized pea method is beter anyway.. I really struggled installing the cpu cooler it was sliding like hell. Anyway. This was about 3 week ago. 2 weeks after I ocd it to 4.3. My temps are 45 to 48 ish idle. And I went up to max 74 inGame altough it stays at 68 ish most of the time. Should I risk dismatling the cpu cooler again and do some proper cooling paste. Also properly tightrn and check the cooler ? Or are these temps normal for an i5 4690k at 4.3 Thanks very much

That's a pretty big overclock so i dont think so, but the temps aren't too high  still

[CPU] i5-650 [GPU] MSI GTX 750 OC [RAM] Generic 6GB [MOBO] MS-7613 [HDD] WD Blue 1TB [PSU] Silverstone Strider Essential 500W [Next build Q1 2016 http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/Presmo/saved/ ]

Please follow your own topics.

i had that sliding issue with hyper evo. i did the screws all the way in and it was still sliding but it kept my cpu temps way lower. then i had e8400.

Sorry for bad English or grammar mistakes, im from croatia.

feel free to take a look at my build and suggest some changes!

Temps are pretty normal nothing to worry about

although the idle temps are kind of high

Well, this is mostly after my pc had ran atleast a few hours. So I think startup might be a bit lower idle

What volts are you running with that OC? Although those don't effect idle temps which seem to be issue. Or is that 45C under little load and not idle?

Btw, you don't "risk" anything by remounting cooler. Unless you actually physically break something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv