[HELP!] Quieting down my Fractal Design Define R4

winningsince1337

I've become a bit of a nose snob as of the recent past and I want to turn my pc into Linus's ideal 'whisper quiet build'.

The setup:
dDvEWCO.jpg
All the 140mm fans are Fractal silent series (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835352007)
The 120mm fans on the radiator Rosewill rebrands of Akasa Apaches (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200068)
I removed the top HDD cage for more airflow.
The radiator is held to the top of the case with rubber washers in between the case and radiator.
The rest of my rig specs are in my signature. I also have a Hyper 212 Evo at home which I could trade out for my AIO, which would allow me to put the sound proofing material back in the top of the case.

As far as current max temps temps:
CPU: <55 C (probably needs new thermal paste)
GPU 1: MSI 290 Gaming: Out for RMA
GPU 2: XFX Double Dissapation <72C
SSD: (on the rear side of the mobo) <37C
HDDs: <35C

Current Plan:
Change the AIO out for my Hyper 212 Evo & put the sound proofing covers back over top.

Any other suggestions on how to quiet this puppy down so I can achieve this?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8HsjgtMzEg

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Turn down the RPM of all fans to around 700 or below.

Swap out all of the fans for Noctua?

The HDD will always be making some sort of noise when it is operating...so nothing you can do there.

Get a PSU that doesn't spin the fan until a certain temperature?

I don't think you need the floor fan for intake. The two front ones unobstructed should be more than enough. What type of noise are you getting though? Need to narrow down what is causing what noise exactly and then address that specifically rather than just making a bunch of changes and hoping for the best.

Turn down the RPM of all fans to around 700 or below.

Swap out all of the fans for Noctua?

The HDD will always be making some sort of noise when it is operating...so nothing you can do there.

Get a PSU that doesn't spin the fan until a certain temperature?

I think a different PSU make a difference, it doesn't have a silent, fan off mode.

I don't think you need the floor fan for intake. The two front ones unobstructed should be more than enough. What type of noise are you getting though? Need to narrow down what is causing what noise exactly and then address that specifically rather than just making a bunch of changes and hoping for the best.

I have the bottom fan for my crossfire setup so it gets plenty of cool air. I believe a lot of the noise is coming from the cpu pump, it seems to be rather noisy. I'll change that out.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

I think a different PSU make a difference, it doesn't have a silent, fan off mode.

I have the bottom fan for my crossfire setup so it gets plenty of cool air. I believe a lot of the noise is coming from the cpu pump, it seems to be rather noisy. I'll change that out.

Depending on the fan on the PSU, it can either get loud or rattle. I have first hand experience with OEM PC that had shit PSU...those things were loud.

But luckily a lot of the new PSU in the market has the option for "silent" mode so...just choose a recommended brand such as Seasonic, XFX (Seasonic Rebrand), EVGA, Corsair-ish (not the CX)

That's pretty much the same setup I have on my R5. Works great, and is dead quiet.  I have Noctua fans, though, as the Fractal quiet fans don't flow for sh*t. That being said, I don't run them full throttle, but ramp them up with CPU temperature.

Get the rpms down and use less fans. More fans = more noise and higher rpms = more noise. 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

As others have said, most of your noise is probably coming from your AIO. My rig details are in my sig - it's a damn quiet machine, especially at low loads when the GPU fans are off.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASUS Z87-Pro | Memory: 16gigs HyperX FuryX | Cooling: Xigmatek SD1483 Frostbourne 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 | PSU: EVGA 750W Gold+ modular | Storage: 128g adata SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD | Monitor: ASUS PA238QR