$850 first build

qwest

Hey all! Finally coming close to building my first pc and wanted to know what you all thought about it. It will mainly be used for gaming on one monitor, BenQ XL2411Z, but the cost is not factored into the build. I already have a 500w PSU from EVGA that I'll be using so the cost wont be a part of this build either.

Component Selection Price CPU 8adc98695d02dae06f916d051323b0b5.256p.jp

Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $194.99 Buy Motherboard 06793e3dc62bcc797444d21841b3cf91.256p.jp

MSI Z170A PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $89.99 Buy Memory 78f6c1ac4ed0141cb26213d707971320.256p.jp

Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $53.99 Buy Storage 1db8a2018ce620b9dc79a07a1675257b.med.256

Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.99 Buy c008b9155e57e33b43efd7b68bf834d2.med.256

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.00 Buy Video Card 7487bfcc4a3aa30036804e0c16b2a26f.med.256

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card $314.99 Buy Case e6eed3666d0a94b95b5bd93f1e239b2d.256p.jp

Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout with Window ATX Mid Tower Case $83.99 Buy Total: $871.94

This will be used for 1080p AAA titles. (Also to be noted I would not like any AMD gpu)

Anyways just wanted to know your thoughts and ask a few questions:

Will the PSU be enough?

Will I be able to run background tasks like spotify and skype while gaming?

If Im able to pick up an EVGA 980 from b stock will the psu still be enough?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Get a 390 instead also which power supply?

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

EVGA 500w Silver

He already said he doesn't want an AMD card, just let the man be. But yeah, you gotta tell us what PSU you're considering, though for a 980, you'd probably want a high quality one with at least 600w.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

OP stated that he/she did not want any AMD GPU :)

Professional Girl

Why no AMD GPU out of curiosity ?

Really good choice on case, fractal design makes some high quality stuff. But if you want to pay a little bit more, you could get the r5 which is a MASSIVE improvement from the r4. I am not sure if the "blackout" edition for the r5 can come with a window, but I know you can get a regular black one with a window if that is alright. 

Professional Girl

Why no AMD GPU out of curiosity ?

Might have a litte Nvidia bias but Ive just heard things about AMD gpu's not doing well on games using gameworks; and although I know it only happens on a few games and the 390 has extra VRAM, I ultimately decided on just getting the 970. I also heard AMD gpus run quite loud which is not something im really into

Might have a litte Nvidia bias but Ive just heard things about AMD gpu's not doing well on games using gameworks; and although I know it only happens on a few games and the 390 has extra VRAM, I ultimately decided on just getting the 970. I also heard AMD gpus run quite loud which is not something im really into

gameworks makes your games look nicer a 390 would make your game look nicer lol also more vram. And nvidia gpu run as loud also though

Really good choice on case, fractal design makes some high quality stuff. But if you want to pay a little bit more, you could get the r5 which is a MASSIVE improvement from the r4. I am not sure if the "blackout" edition for the r5 can come with a window, but I know you can get a regular black one with a window if that is alright.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely try to see if i can pick one up then. Might try to see if they go on sale during black fridays and all

AMD GPU's are typically cooled very well and are not loud, unless your talking about the blower style 290X's they used to make but they learned from that and made the coolers on the 390's very capable of keeping them cool, and the 390 is better then the 970 while costing the same.