Best Seagate HDD?

DeMiThA

Im looking for 4TB or 6TB HDD drive from Seagate for my desktop, HDD drive must be reliable, i don't care about the price as long as the life time of the drive is good. Any Ideas?

WD Black.  The most reliable you can get.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

To Op: Don't go seagate, go wd

To others: Does anyone know if hitachi is still a thing as those were some good drives

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

WD Black.  The most reliable you can get.

No mate, Im looking for seagate.

The enterprise drives

can you please give me a model number or a link to one please?

Why Seagate? Any specific reason. Since the reliability issues I've had with over the last 10 years makes me never want to buy from them ever again.

Used to love the brand and their disks, not anymore.

Traditionally, Seagate drives aren't the most reliable. I'd go for a Western Digital drive. Here are some recommendations:

• WD6001FZWX - WD Caviar Black 6TB
  • WD5001FZWX - WD Caviar Black 5TB
  • WD4003FZEX - WD Caviar Black 4TB

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

"I have pockets in all my shorts." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

get an enterprise drive, not a barracuda

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Seagate ST4000VN000 NAS = WD Red

Seagate ST6000VN0001 Enterprise NAS = WD Red Pro

Seagate ST6000NM0124 Enterprise Capacity = WD Se

Take your pick, but can't stress enough to buy WD. Disks are disks they all do the same thing from any brand but WD currently has better reliability in the type of disk you are looking at.

To Op: Don't go seagate, go wd

To others: Does anyone know if hitachi is still a thing as those were some good drives

Yea they still makes disks. Mostly OEM in things like laptops and the rest for their own disk storage systems, Hitachi Disk Systems (HDS)

Yea they still makes disks. Mostly OEM in things like laptops and the rest for their own disk storage systems, Hitachi Disk Systems (HDS)

Good to know

To op: if you want seagate get an enterprise drive or some other server grade (at least I think enterprise is server grade ??) as the consumer grade stuff is meh from seagate in terms of reliability.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Thanks guys, Going with Seagate ST6000VN0001  :D

Thanks guys, Going with Seagate ST6000VN0001   :D

The 000 would be a better choice really.  For a much lower price, you are getting much of the same reliability of the 0001.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Im looking for 4TB or 6TB HDD drive from Seagate for my desktop, HDD drive must be reliable, i don't care about the price as long as the life time of the drive is good. Any Ideas?

Go WD they are so reliable. Get a 5-6 TB blue or black