PS4 Fan gets very loud while playing games

Bullet4Justice

Hello guys, so when i turn on my PS4 and i'm still in the menus the fan is normal but as soon as i start a game it gets louder and louder slowly till it becomes very very loud and you feel the PS4 is about to take off, then after a while the PS4 asks me to turn it off cuz of overheating!, and weirdly it only does that to some games like Black ops 3 and Rocket league but not every game like FIFA 16, if you know what to do please help the weekend is almost over :P.

Thanks.

RMA

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

build a pc.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Is your PS4 dusty? Does it have good amount of space for airflow?

Hello guys, so when i turn on my PS4 and i'm still in the menus the fan is normal but as soon as i start a game it gets louder and louder slowly till it becomes very very loud and you feel the PS4 is about to take off, then after a while the PS4 asks me to turn it off cuz of overheating!, and weirdly it only does that to some games like Black ops 3 and Rocket league but not every game like FIFA 16, if you know what to do please help the weekend is almost over :P.

Thanks.

air compressor out the fan dust and maybe put the ps4 around a fan

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

What do you mean by RMA?

return it

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

There's a chance that there's dust clogging up the vents.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Is your PS4 dusty? Does it have good amount of space for airflow?

air compressor out the fan dust and maybe put the ps4 around a fan

ok im gonna blow the dust off cuz it's been 6 months since i blew it:D

return it

i know that returning it is a good idea but i asked thinking that it might be an easy problem to fix and i don't need to send it and waste time. thanks for replying anyway, appreciated

There's a chance that there's dust clogging up the vents.

thanks for replying, i will clean it.

I´ve seen my friend putting a damp towel on his Xbox (not on the intake of course :D) to cool it down on hot days. I am not sure if this applies to PS4s or if it even does anything. I would suggest cleaning it as the others have said...  maybe look if the fan is spinning properly (I know you can hear the fan but could be something wrong)

Using toilet paper both-sided: sucess lies in your hands.

Black ops 3 and Rocket league are demanding games for the PS4 (hence the 30fps sub 1080p), so the fan will run at max speed. only thing I would try is cleaning the fan depending on how dusty your room is or push air at it with another fan.

i know that returning it is a good idea but i asked thinking that it might be an easy problem to fix and i don't need to send it and waste time. thanks for replying anyway, appreciated

likely a faulty APU or crappy TiM - I'd strongly suggest an RMA.

I´ve seen my friend putting a damp towel on his Xbox (not on the intake of course :D) to cool it down on hot days. I am not sure if this applies to PS4s or if it even does anything. I would suggest cleaning it as the others have said...  maybe look if the fan is spinning properly (I know you can hear the fan but could be something wrong)

thanks for your time, i'm gonna try what you said.

ammmm what is that suppose to mean?

That this gen of consoles are super limited, power wise.

Black ops 3 and Rocket league are demanding games for the PS4 (hence the 30fps sub 1080p), so the fan will run at max speed. only thing I would try is cleaning the fan depending on how dusty your room is or push air at it with another fan.

yeah i know, i said it because i knew it's an important detail.

likely a faulty APU or crappy TiM - I'd strongly suggest an RMA.

that might be it, so i will clean it then if i doesn't work i'm gonna send it don't worry, thanks though.

That this gen of consoles are super limited, power wise.

yeah i know but he could've said that rather than throwing riddles at me :P.

Is this recent?  Has it been getting worse over time, or was it sudden? Possibilities:

gradual increase in noise: probably dust making unit hotter, or a failing fan bearing.

sudden: defective fan.

solutions mentioned above and more: clean out the dust, move it to a better ventilated location, put chopsticks under it to improve bottom ventilation, move it away from other warm gear, add an external fan

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Make sure there is enough breathing space for the ps4, so not in a really small closet.

Is this recent?  Has it been getting worse over time, or was it sudden? Possibilities:

gradual increase in noise: probably dust making unit hotter, or a failing fan bearing.

sudden: defective fan.

solutions mentioned above and more: clean out the dust, move it to a better ventilated location, put chopsticks under it to improve bottom ventilation, move it away from other warm gear, add an external fan

Make sure there is enough breathing space for the ps4, so not in a really small closet.

thanks guys, gonna try what you all said

Pull it apart, remove the heatsink and fan, clean both, clean of old TIM, replace TIM, re-attach heatsink and fan.