Fallout 4 Bomb PC Case modelled in 3D CAD

ncrossy1980

Just want to say a massive thanks to Linus for tweeting out a share to my video showing the Fallout 4 bomb PC case being modelled in 3D and rendered.  Also, well done to Luke for actually making the real thing, you could tell he grafted hard on that for a long time, my attempt was a tribute to his hard work.

If anyone is interested in seeing it, below is a thumbnail for the video with a clickable link.  If you're interested in 3D modelling and want to see more stuff like this, by all means subscribe, it'll spur me on to do more content like this if there's an audience for it.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Windspeed36
Mod note: leave as is

nice work. i only got the bottom half done of it done, then windows decided to install updates.

how many hours did it take

Ouch, Microsoft love to make life difficult at times.

It's a full screen clip so it can be verified using the Windows clock at the bottom right of my screen, but in total the Inventor modelling took an hour and a half.  With about half an hour of that being spent correcting some glitches and having to redo a few features, so if I had it scripted and practiced it beforehand I reckon it would be about an hours worth.

The rendering side of things took a while as I had to fiddle with decals and textures, and wait for ray tracing to pass.  So in total a couple of hours.

Ouch, Microsoft love to make life difficult at times.

It's a full screen clip so it can be verified using the Windows clock at the bottom right of my screen, but in total the Inventor modelling took an hour and a half.  With about half an hour of that being spent correcting some glitches and having to redo a few features, so if I had it scripted and practiced it beforehand I reckon it would be about an hours worth.

The rendering side of things took a while as I had to fiddle with decals and textures, and wait for ray tracing to pass.  So in total a couple of hours.

I couldn't tell what you rendered in.

do you render it in inventor?

i never can get that to work i always import it into 3ds max

This one was rendered in Autodesk Showcase, which comes with Product Design Suite.

Depending on which version of Inventor you have, you can get really good results from it.

For example, I did this last week, an experiment to see if Inventor could do a true photo realistic render: https://youtu.be/GQSVD0AgrJE?list=PLMhqIwDF76hLIDPC84b07MI5dol7fYonz

If you have time, I have a full tutorial there on Inventor Studio which is relevant for 2016.

So its 3D modeled? Cool!

But watching Luke's attempt I think that little remodeling would make it even cooler. Strengthening here and there, holes for cooling and adding mounts for brackets for sleeker final result for example.

I think you could then actually even sell the design for few dollars.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.