How much of your money did Nintendo take with this direct?

Virtual01

For me I will estimate that they have 130 of my dollars on reserve. 40 each for both Dragon Quest 3DS games, 40 for FF Explorers, and 10 dollars or whatever the price is for Pokemon Yellow on VC.

They might also end up sapping another $200 out of me for a new 3DS, IF they release a color variant in NA that isn't gross looking. All the colors except the Japan-only pearl white look really cheap and unappealing to me. The normal size black one isn't bad if you get a faceplate, but god knows if it will ever see the light of day in NA.

None. They simply don't interest me, they seem to appeal more to 7 year old children and people who are trying to relive long lost nostalgia. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I'm just saying they don't appeal to me.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

None. They simply don't interest me, they seem to appeal more to 7 year old children and people who are trying to relive long lost nostalgia. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I'm just saying they don't appeal to me.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

Also, if I want to relive nostalgia I boot up a emulator for Ocarina of Time, or launch EV Nova from my steam tie-in.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

~$0. Would pick up a copy of blue on VC, but why use virtual console when you can use a trusty old GBC pokemon special edition!

:)

Unfortunately, $0.
I do not have a WiiU or a 3DS. I am also not interesting in the whole Amiibo BS and will not support them in that endeavor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

~$0. Would pick up a copy of blue on VC, but why use virtual console when you can use a trusty old GBC pokemon special edition!

Internal battery death. Trust me, if the battery in my Yellow version didn't die long ago I wouldn't even consider buying it on the VC.

The only thing I'm definitely getting is Twilight Princess HD but I'll probably also grab one of the Pokemon games. If that makes me a "7 year old child" or someone who is "trying to relive long lost nostalgia" then so be it. Because games are toys, there's no need to be serious about it. If you think you're too "mature" to be playing Nintendo games then I wonder why on Earth you're playing games at all. I also wonder if you're one of those people who groan when someone says they just saw the latest Pixar movie. ;) 

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Internal battery death. Trust me, if the battery in my Yellow version didn't die long ago I wouldn't even consider buying it on the VC.

There are guys online that change them for pretty cheap, i bought red a few years back and it came with a new battery

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R