I just dont feel like doing anything

Kingcomicbook

I dont know whats wrong, I used to like school now its total hell. Ive been gaining weight over the last year and im not motivated to try to exercise. I haven't done homework in over a month. I dont even want to play video games! I have no clue what is wrong with me. This sucks but im not sure what to do. Please does anyone have anything that can help in any way??

I dont know whats wrong, I used to like school now its total hell. Ive been gaining weight over the last year and im not motivated to try to exercise. I haven't done homework in over a month. I dont even want to play video games! I have no clue what is wrong with me. This sucks but im not sure what to do. Please does anyone have anything that can help in any way??

I would suggest talking to your family doctor or your parents, posting this on a tech forum will get your some ridiculous answers.  

You might be depressed? These were the kind of things i experienced. If you start having dark thoughts, God forbid, get help. Take this with a grain of salt. Don't automatically assume you are cause I said so. Talk to someone you trust and perhaps a doctor. Good luck to you.

Booze and a bicycle.

i7 6700k // H110i GTX, 4xNoctua 140mm Industrial 3k // Asus Z170 Pro Gaming // 8GB 2400mhz // MSI GTX 970 // Enthoo Pro M

Please go to a doctor and get advice from them. We are not doctors.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you're on the forum while in school, get off. That should do something for your homework issue.

Don't do anything dangerous. Consult a health professional (ie: not us or any other tech forum).

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Go sign up for stuff, find clubs and whatnot

There's nothing "wrong" with you.  Are you eating properly?  Sleeping well?  Do you have any physical symptoms or pain?

Sounds like you are simply unmotivated to explore life.  Try learning something new.

If you go to a doctor there is a chance they might misdiagnose and pump you with drugs to numb you out.  Make sure there is a physical problem before you seek professional help of this sort.

Please go to a doctor and get advice from them. We are not doctors.

That's terrible advice.  He has not indicated that there is any physical problem.  Talking to friends and family seems a logical step.  OP is somewhat taking that step by talking here.

That's terrible advice.  He has not indicated that there is any physical problem.  Talking to friends and family seems a logical step.  OP is somewhat taking that step by talking here.

And you need to have a physical problem in order to see a doctor? What about mental issues? Sorry, I am not giving advice to someone I do not know. Not being motivated to do anything could be a sign of mental issues....or just laziness.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

And you need to have a physical problem in order to see a doctor? What about mental issues? Sorry, I am not giving advice to someone I do not know.

But what is his problem?

So why did you give advice then?  :)

Hmm... I was not aware that psychologists aren't doctors... 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

But what is his problem?

Suggesting someone go to a professional is as far as I am going. I do not know what his problem is, nor am I going to diagnose it. I am not a doctor.

But what is his problem?

Don't talk back to a moderator. Not a good idea.

Is that what he needs?

Possibly.

Don't talk back to a moderator. Not a good idea.

Discussion and disagreement are both fine as long as we're both respectful to each other.

I just don't like the idea of sending people into an unknown situation (doctor) without exploring the OP's concerns a bit.  Nothing wrong with inquiring about the OP's life.

So you have no idea, yet give advice?

It's not directly affecting advice. I'm not going to tell him to take antidepressants. 

I just don't like the idea of sending people into an unknown situation (doctor) without exploring the OP's concerns a bit.  Nothing wrong with inquiring about the OP's life.

A doctor(as long as it's the proper kind of doctor) is going to know than us. You can explore OP's life - that's your prerogative. I, however, do not feel comfortable giving someone medical advice under any circumstances unless it's to suggest they go to a doctor. 

It's not directly affecting advice. I'm not going to tell him to take antidepressants. 

If he is eating well, sleeping well and is pain free... you are telling him to spend money to talk to a professional.. sort of.  This is not necessarily bad. 

If he/she is not suffering in a way that results in physical degradation, maybe something simple solves the problem.  OP is looking for motivation to "do stuff", maybe there is a physical issue... maybe not.  If not, why not simply talk to people... learn something new... find a new hobby?

Honestly dude it sounds like you're depressed/dysthymic. I went through something similar in high school and am still feeling the effects of it. Took me far too long to notice and to do something about it. The last thing you want is for this to spiral out of control. Go see a mental health professional. I would advise against starting with your school guidance counselor. Their job is less to help students and more suppress any kind of mental instability from tarnishing the schools reputation. They tend to suggest extreme solutions or do nothing at all, at least in my experience.

A doctor(as long as it's the proper kind of doctor) is going to know than us. You can explore OP's life - that's your prerogative. I, however, do not feel comfortable giving someone medical advice under any circumstances unless it's to suggest they go to a doctor. 

If it is something serious, I 100% agree with you.

Life is not always full of thrills and joy.  There is a lot of less exciting time spent being alive.  IDK, I feel directing someone to seek professional help for things that can be dealt with easily, is detrimental to an individual's progress as a problem solver.  Life is full of twists and turns.  The better someone can determine/develop their own limits and abilities, the easier time they will have throughout their lives.

I could be completely off.  I might not be.  I don't know for sure, but relying on psychiatrists to motivate you seems avoidable.

I went through a period of not feeling motivated to do much (shit I still go through it) in high school.  Back then, I was smoking too much weed though.  Stopped going to class, to you know... get high.  Went from a straight A student to an expulsion in a matter of months.  It was night and day.  It was not the weed per say, but my use of it.  I hated going to class high, and was not willing to not be high... bad combo for a 15 year old.

I don't touch the stuff any more, don't drink much either.