Thermaltake Core X9 vs Silverstone Raven RV04/05?

gameboy3800

my current setup has dual galax/kfa2 gtx 980 ti hall of fame gpus in sli. they have these massive air coolers that take up almost 3 slots. on their own, they run at 35c. but with 2 of them, even 3 slots apart, the top card ends up running up to 15c hotter than it did before, and the bottom card ends up being very close to the psu, and gets almost as warm. even with the 200mm side fan of the nzxt phantom 630 blowing directly on them, they still run warm, as the heat from the bottom card's cooler rises and gets sucked to the top card. so one sulution could be to have them orientated dirrerently. what way would be best? having the x99-e ws board they're on laying flat in a thermaltake core x9 or at a 90 degre angle like in one of the silverstone raven cases?

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

I'll give my feedback with my Silverstone FT02 and 2x Strix 980s.  I'm a big fan of having the 90 degree rotation as cooling seems to be pretty darn good and also is better for physical stability of the cards since gravity is not pulling the card down where sag ends up being an issue.  That said, the FT02 is much bigger than the FT05 (FT04 is still a horizontal orientation as it's rotated 180 degrees), and therefore has 3x 180mm air penetrator fans blowing up instead of just two.  With the FT05, the way it is laid out you have one fan taking care of hard drive cage (if installed) and video cards, and the other going across the mobo/cpu/ram.  The FT02 has one dedicated for the hard drive cage, one for the video cards, and one for mobo/cpu/ram.  If you're not planning on using the drive cage in the FT05, then it probably won't be an issue.

edit: I realized you're looking at the RV series instead of FT, everything I said holds true still if you replace FT02 with RV02 and FT05 with RV05 as the internal layouts are all identical between Raven and Fortress series.

ThermalTake all the way.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

ThermalFake all the way.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

ThermalFake all the way.

Oh booo hooo. They copied an uncopyrighted design from caselabs, and innovated it. And by innovated I mean made it possible for most people to afford. It's not like they're stealing any customers from caselabs. Anyone who can afford that kind of case, is going to buy the caselabs case and not the Thermaltake case.

Just....stop with your fake moral outrage. Even @LinusTech said it himself. Thermaltake did what......any other company in the industry does.

https://youtu.be/KjBlTiLPG1w?list=PL8mG-RkN2uTw7PhlnAr4pZZz2QubIbujH

And I quote the man himself, "I don't give a rats ass". This is how capitalism works. One company has a good idea, another company says "hey, we can sacrifice some quality and lower the price and still have essentially the same product".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs