Need help with STEAM ! GTA V

alleyn321

Hello

Recently downloaded steam and everything is fine.

Then I bought GTA V from g2a and Downloaded it on brothers PC and then Copied to my PC

Now when I run the Game it keeps on saying "game was launched without steam error" or when I go to steam, steam wants to download the Game again

I created new Library folder

Tried to Add the game as Non Steam game

Moved the game to original Library Folder

Tried almost everything

Does anyone know what to do?

You can't copy files over to another PC.......

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

You can't copy files over to another PC.......

Wat?

I donwloaded the Game on another PC with my Steam Account and then just moved to another PC with my Steam Account

Yeah, just log into your brothers steam-account and download the game. Then you  can play it :)

Wat?

I donwloaded the Game on another PC with my Steam Account and then just moved to another PC with my Steam Account

Delete the files

go on steam

download the game through steam

Yeah, just log into your brothers steam-account and download the game. Then you  can play it :)

I used my Steam Account to download it on his PC

Delete the files

go on steam

download the game through steam

I downloaded the Game through steam on different PC with my Steam Account

I used my Steam Account to download it on his PC

Then you go to your pc log into your account and download the game

Then you go to your pc log into your account and download the game

I already downloaded the game

you downloaded the game to YOUR PC right?

It doesn't fucking matter what account you downloaded it with. You can't copy steam files to another PC. 

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

you downloaded the game to YOUR PC right?

PC 1 - My Steam ACC - Game Donwloaded There ( Not played , Not installed , Log-out from Steam )

PC 2 - My Steam ACC - Game Transfered there - Will not start but starts to donwload again

It doesn't fucking matter what account you downloaded it with. You can't copy steam files to another PC. 

What a BullShit app then

What a BullShit app Steam it then

No, it's not bullshit.

What a BullShit app Steam it then

Pretty sure all e-stores do it. Otherwise there would be no protection against 1 dude buying the game and than just copying and selling the game to everyone.

What a BullShit app then

You can blame steam for it

go ahead and buy a game from Origin or Uplay and try to transfer

IT WONT WORK

Pretty sure all e-stores do it. Otherwise there would be no protection against 1 dude buying the game and than just copying and selling the game to everyone.

You can buy a game and Copy it to 100 PCs. 

But you still have to use your Steam Account which is only yours and will not work for 100 people at the same time. 

You can have the game but cant play it without MY steam account that bought the game

Update: Lets say you upgraded your Hard Drive and now you have to Download every single game you have on Steam all over again? Thats Lame

You totally 100% can copy steam game files from one pc to another

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

there are other means to protect your software

You can blame steam for it

go ahead and buy a game from Origin or Uplay and try to transfer

IT WONT WORK

I can archive world of warcraft folder and just put it in my bag and play from any Computer I want

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

What a BullShit app then

yes it is

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

there are other means to protect your software

I can archive world of warcraft folder and just put it in my bag and play from any Computer I want

I believe WoW is No-Steam Game so it works

You can buy a game and Copy it to 100 PCs. 

But you still have to use your Steam Account which is only yours and will not work for 100 people at the same time. 

You can have the game but cant play it without MY steam account that bought the game

Update: Lets say you upgraded your Hard Drive and now you can to Download every single game you have on Steam all over again? Thats Lame

That is the point, if you want to play a game you will have to pay the people who made the game.

If you want to share a game within your family you will have to use Steam Family Sharing but then you can only play the same game once at a time.