Monitor displays & immersion!

So guys, quick question.

Is G-SYNC a *must* for your overall gaming experience?

I say this because I am looking to purchase a new gaming monitor and I am leaning towards getting a ultra wide, curved 21:9 gaming monitor. I have NEVER used an ultra wide or curved monitor. BUT I have also never tried a resolution above 1080p, never tried G-SYNC and have never tried above 60hz.

I want to play on resolutions higher than 1080p like 1440p or 3440x1440. For this reason, I don't think i will be getting any FPS higher than 60 with a single 980ti GPU. I will most likely be playing games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls 3 and other higher spec games. 

I know you can buy a G-SYNC ultra wide monitor, but the price is just too high imho. 

So overall, since I am no E-Sports player, I would like to ask you guys if you think I should buy a 21:9 gaming monitor that has high resolutions but is locked at 60hz and no G-SYNC, OR do you feel I would enjoy the games on a normal 16:9 gaming monitor, 1080/1440p that can get 144hz and has G-SYNC.

Seeing as I have never tried either of these, I would love to hear your opinions on it. 

Another little note- I really do not want more than one monitor, I had two but I really prefer just the one ( I hated moving my neck and the black bar) .. so for this reason, the selected monitor would be the only one I use. (which is why I'm slightly leaning towards the 21:9 for the extra view on a single monitor)

Thanks for any replies in advance, I will be reading through all/if any of them :)

So guys, quick question.

Is G-SYNC a *must* for your overall gaming experience?

I say this because I am looking to purchase a new gaming monitor and I am leaning towards getting a ultra wide, curved 21:9 gaming monitor. I have NEVER used an ultra wide or curved monitor. BUT I have also never tried a resolution above 1080p, never tried G-SYNC and have never tried above 60hz.

I want to play on resolutions higher than 1080p like 1440p or 3440x1440. For this reason, I don't think i will be getting any FPS higher than 60 with a single 980ti GPU. I will most likely be playing games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls 3 and other higher spec games. 

I know you can buy a G-SYNC ultra wide monitor, but the price is just too high imho. 

So overall, since I am no E-Sports player, I would like to ask you guys if you think I should buy a 21:9 gaming monitor that has high resolutions but is locked at 60hz and no G-SYNC, OR do you feel I would enjoy the games on a normal 16:9 gaming monitor, 1080/1440p that can get 144hz and has G-SYNC.

Seeing as I have never tried either of these, I would love to hear your opinions on it. 

Another little note- I really do not want more than one monitor, I had two but I really prefer just the one ( I hated moving my neck and the black bar) .. so for this reason, the selected monitor would be the only one I use. (which is why I'm slightly leaning towards the 21:9 for the extra view on a single monitor)

Thanks for any replies in advance, I will be reading through all/if any of them :)

Personally I would go with a 1440P G-Sync monitor rather than a Widescreen.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

G-sync is a must for me now, it's like when you go from a hard drive to an ssd..
It doesn't seem like it's going to be worth it for the money, but once you do it there's no looking back.
I've owned a 1080p gsync monitor, and a 1440p gsync monitor and loved both of them.

I can't honestly tell you whether or not to go ultrawide, because I've never used one.
I use two 970's, so performance is pretty similar to a 980ti, and in new games I stay above 6ofps most of the time at 1440p.
I hear the new asus rog swift is awesome, 1440p 165hz and ips *wink*

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

I recently upgraded from dual 1920x1080 to 3440x1440 (DELL U3415W). 

I definitely can vouch for 33% extra vertical pixel from it, as well as the no-bezel going from 2 to 1 monitor only.

However, since it's not GSync or higher refresh rate monitor, I can't say about those 2.

but if I'm given budget to pick 1 out of those 2, I'll definitely pick higher refresh rate first.

GSync is proprietary of NVidia.

That means the next time you wish for GPU upgrade, you are pretty much locked to NVidia, regardless of what AMD might offer over NVIDIA in the future (better price-per-performance, better feature/dimension/wattage/ etc).

I do notice tearing when playing Tomb Raider 2013, but it's not as frequent or even obtrusive as I thought it'd be. The triple buffering works well enough for me to reduce tearing.