Buzzing/clicking noise on multiple GPU's

Stonedfish

Hello there,

I'll make this short. I have already RMA'd my asus strix gtx970 and I've got a replacement without any question, so I got myself a 980ti which has a terrible buzzing noise while gaming, it's the electronic component buzzing and not the whine, but whine is also present above like 200 fps. I decided to throw in my old palit 550ti and realized it makes the same buzzing/clicky noise while gaming but this one has no coil whine whatsoever and is pretty much way more quiet than the other two - it's whisper quiet and barely noticable.

In the meanwhile, I threw my strix 980ti inside my old config and it's also buzzing as hell there.

So this config is:
CPU: i5 4690k
MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Ranger
GPU: Asus Strix 980ti
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb
PSU: Corsair RM850, I use a GS700 in my old config.

What I was wondering, is there a chance certain component, I can only think of motherboard and/or PSU, starts this issue, this buzzing/clicking noise and then once it started it, it becomes permanent on the gpu, no matter which config you put the gpu in.

Don't buy ASUS GPUs then, they're not that good

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Don't buy ASUS GPUs then, they're not that good

I said my old palit 550ti also has that issue, it's not asus but it's barely audible on that 1 tho. Was just wondering if something in my pc is causing dmg to gpu's, if that's anyhow possible?

I said my old palit 550ti also has that issue, it's not asus but it's barely audible on that 1 tho. Was just wondering if something in my pc is causing dmg to gpu's, if that's anyhow possible?

I'd say that's bad luck and ASUS quality combined, you should pick MSI over ASUS for example

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Maybe its coil whine?

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

Maybe its coil whine?

Nope, it's clicking noise/coil whine, something between. Firmly pressing the backplate towards the pcb removes the noise completely, but as soon as I release the noise is back

Nope, it's clicking noise/coil whine, something between. Firmly pressing the backplate towards the pcb removes the noise completely, but as soon as I release the noise is back

Maybe one of the screws of the backplate is not all the way in?So,when your card vibrates it just wiggles around?

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

Maybe one of the screws of the backplate is not all the way in?So,when your card vibrates it just wiggles around?

all r in

946cd7f998a7ae28938e07d8370f5dfe.a73a36c

Got told by a customer support worker over at evga that this could happen due to a faulty psu - bad voltage and/or a faulty motherboard and that those 2 could make perma dmg to my gpu so it will still whine in another configuration.

Got told by a customer support worker over at evga that this could happen due to a faulty psu - bad voltage and/or a faulty motherboard and that those 2 could make perma dmg to my gpu so it will still whine in another configuration.

You replaced your PSU,didnt you?I dont think you could get a new one that still would be faulty,so might wanna consider looking at the MOBO.