Windows 8 or Windows 7?

EnormousGnome
Go to solution Solved by Kirihuna,

My concern is that if my system is capable of running Windows 8 without slowing when I'm playing games, or just browsing the web, or whatever.

Windows 8 is more light weight than 7.

Meaning it uses less resources. It also boots faster. So really, really, it won't slow anything down.

Hi guys! Now. Before you flame me for making a thread like this, I want to know which one is better for my particular system. I've read that if you have a good gaming computer, Windows 8 will run games smoother. Is this true? My system specs are(soon):

AMD 1055T

...Some MATX motherboard I don't know the model of, made by Asus.

HD 7790

10GB of RAM

Two hard drives

and generic case.

This was just a brief spec sheet because soon when I get my 7790, I'll post a build log in the build log section.

Anyway, with these specs, would Windows 8 or 7 be better for..Mostly gaming, but I do video and audio edit because I am very passionate about my guitar playing and like to record and do covers.

Thanks guys.

BTW I have access to BOTH operating systems. They're actually sitting right next to me.

it depends if the slight improvement in games is worth the modern ui garbage

it depends if the slight improvement in games is worth the modern ui garbage

I've used Windows 8 already, and personally I don't mind the UI and I can see myself growing to it. Please don't post anything about the experience of each OS.

Windows 8. No point in getting 7 now because you can remove anything you don't like on 8 anyways.

I'm not concerned if I will like Windows 8 or not. My concern is that if my system is capable of running Windows 8 without slowing when I'm playing games, or just browsing the web, or whatever.

My concern is that if my system is capable of running Windows 8 without slowing when I'm playing games, or just browsing the web, or whatever.

Meaning it uses less resources. It also boots faster. So really, really, it won't slow anything down.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you!