Debugging Contest / Giveaway

cluelessgenius

Hey guys its clueless,

today i am starting a contest of the special kind so heres the deal:

my personal rig (spec in sig) is frequently bluescreening. the person who hleps me finally figure out what the cause is and possibly even fix it gets 20 bucks paypal and if wanted a steam gift of payday 1 (i got a copy lying in my inventory i dont need). also the winner gets mad bragging rights and me owing him a favor.

as winner i declair the person who contributes the most value to finding and solving the problem. also if youre declairing something to be the cause there needs to be a way of proving it other than me going out and buy new ram e.g. just to test swapping it.

now for the situation. as said i get frequent bluescreen. but they are not reproducable but rather random. i just know the next one will be coming.

i will post bluescreen as they apear and i manage to get a quick snapshot with my phone. so there might be a couple day with no bluesceen at all because i used my pc not much there might be a day where i post 4 pics.

feel free to ask further question and have fun analyzing ;)

post-83157-0-22700100-1447153252_thumb.j

post-83157-0-30013200-1447366513_thumb.j

post-83157-0-45831800-1447366546_thumb.j

post-83157-0-38558800-1447366567_thumb.j

post-83157-0-58817900-1447366589_thumb.j

post-83157-0-92696900-1447664845_thumb.j

post-83157-0-94482700-1448278525_thumb.j

post-83157-0-56735200-1448278551_thumb.j

post-83157-0-42632500-1448278573_thumb.j

post-83157-0-01200800-1448278599_thumb.j

post-83157-0-21312500-1448278623_thumb.j

post-83157-0-72014900-1448278762_thumb.j

post-83157-0-91463200-1448279096_thumb.j

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

it says memory management. so i'm guessing it ahs something to do with the ram

try using another set of rams

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

it says memory management. so i'm guessing it ahs something to do with the ram

try using another set of rams

well yes this one says memory mangement but the thing is its not always the some error code i may have left that part out. its almost always a different error code. also i dont have a different set of ram lying around

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Can you give the error code you get with the BSOD?

ill post the bluescreens as they come. the first one says memory management

ill post the bluescreens as they come. the first one says memory management

if these are random bluescreens, then i may have had the same problem as you before

i replaced my power supply and it stopped the bluescreens

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

Try to do a memtest86+ with at least 5 passes. If that doesn't help. What I would try is stay away from other software in doing my un-install/re-install.
I mean, I would first d/l the latest Windows certified drivers directly from AMD/ATI website, and I would save it on my PC.
Then I would un-install the current driver and all the associated software that resides on the PC (like CCC, for example), then I would delete the folders associated with them (like c:\ATI, for example).
Finally, after the required reboots, I would install the driver package downloaded, making sure the antivirus and firewall are temporarily disabled during the install. Reboot again.

Oh, I forgot: if the above still doesn't work, I would perform a clean install of the drivers that came with that specific card on a DVD (assuming you still have it...) and see how it works with that.

At this point, it seems to be an issue between Flash and ATI's drivers.

lol you didn't need to do a giveaway, people would've helped anyway

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

if these are random bluescreens, then i may have had the same problem as you before

i replaced my power supply and it stopped the bluescreens

hmm that sounds really bad because my psu is relativly new and i like it very much any way to check for that except try a different one?

Try to do a memtest86+ with at least 5 passes. If that doesn't help. What I would try is stay away from other software in doing my un-install/re-install.

I mean, I would first d/l the latest Windows certified drivers directly from AMD/ATI website, and I would save it on my PC.

Then I would un-install the current driver and all the associated software that resides on the PC (like CCC, for example), then I would delete the folders associated with them (like c:\ATI, for example).

Finally, after the required reboots, I would install the driver package downloaded, making sure the antivirus and firewall are temporarily disabled during the install. Reboot again.

Oh, I forgot: if the above still doesn't work, I would perform a clean install of the drivers that came with that specific card on a DVD (assuming you still have it...) and see how it works with that.

At this point, it seems to be an issue between Flash and ATI's drivers.

will give memtest a try and see from there thanks

True, there is no need for a giveaway, we are to help by default ahah ;)) I will be more than happy to be able to help.

Give me a boost. 

lol you didn't need to do a giveaway, people would've helped anyway

:D yeah but to me a reliable runnning system is worth it and i thought it would encourage people more :D i didnt want some test software names thrown at me and for people to give up easily and leave me with the problem i just wanted to make sure someone stays with me until its fixed :P

True, there is no need for a giveaway, we are to help by default ahah ;)) I will be more than happy to be able to help.

:D yeah but to me a reliable runnning system is worth it and i thought it would encourage people more :D i didnt want some test software names thrown at me and for people to give up easily and leave me with the problem i just wanted to make sure someone stays with me until its fixed :P

i dont want people t half ass it. I WANT RESULTS GOD DAMN IT ! :D

I also suggest you test your HDD. 

you got a good software for that? samsung magician says they are all good

you got a good software for that? samsung magician says they are all good

Use CHKDSK, HD Tune. Maybe there are some bad sectors, you never know. Do it to be sure. ;) All I am saying.

Give me a boost. 

Use CHKDSK, HD Tune. Maybe there are some bad sectors, you never know. Do it to be sure. ;) All I am saying.

at this point ill try anything thanks

or maybe chrystaldiskinfo

did you try swapping your ram slots around? had the same issue a few days ago, single checked the ram with memtest86 and swapped ...at testround 4 i found the evil-ram (got over 4000 errors)

some brands use low quality chips hidden under the heatsinks

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

or maybe chrystaldiskinfo

did you try swapping your ram slots around? had the same issue a few days ago, single checked the ram with memtest86 and swapped ...at testround 4 i found the evil-ram (got over 4000 errors)

will also try chrystaldiskinfo thanks. also good idea testing the ram modules seperatly with memtest. will do later when i get home.

This is going to sound really stupid, but do you have all the latest drivers installed?

well honestly the answer is maybe gonna sound just as stupid but yes, as far as i know but honestly what is there to install except for gpu and sound? windows devoce manager doesnt show anything it cant identify so im gonna say yes but maybe i mist some driver i maybe need. 

okay guys so i was about to run hd tune for some testing and it crashed right after starting the tool. dont know if it had to do with that but anways you can find the bluescreens in the op.

also i noticed how the pagefile (or whatever it is called in english) was set to a bare minimum on the main drive i now changed that to system managed

what's that translate into english?........... personally I never liked ripjaws but you said don't give wise replies like replace rammmmmmmmmmmm ...can the auto voltage in the bios and  bump the voltage 0.05v and see what happens......

what's that translate into english?........... personally I never liked ripjaws but you said don't give wise replies like replace rammmmmmmmmmmm ...can the auto voltage in the bios and  bump the voltage 0.05v and see what happens......

will test