CRYORIG H7

Tobleh

This holiday season I plan on upgrading to an after market cooler. At first I was looking at the 212 evo, but have since shifted my view towards the CRYORIG H7. The reviews on it are great, and from watching a couple videos the consensus seems to be that it's a bit better than the 212 EVO. Is this true in your guys experience? Would you recommend it?

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

I haven't really seen anything do better than the EVO for its price. It is an amazing cooler.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

slightly better, slightly pricier, much better looking. Would recommend.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I agree with Jeb. I have the h7 and 212,(212 is on my FM2 rig), the  h7 cools my 4.0ghz 5820k at stock, but temps are idle=27-33, Load=57-65c.

slightly better, slightly pricier, much better looking. Would recommend.

Sweet sounds good, I appreciate the help. One of the reasons I was considering it was the looks, and knowing that it's at least the same or slightly better in terms of cooling seels the deal for me. :D

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

It's a bit better and is a good cooler. https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/6.html

The Pure Rock performs similarly and is on sale though: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's a bit better and is a good cooler. https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/6.html

The Pure Rock performs similarly and is on sale though: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

I think I prefer the aesthetics of the H7 more than the Pure Rock, but I appreciate the recommendation!

I'd recommend the H5 too, if you can afford and fit it!

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Picked up the H7 and replaced the 212 Evo myself the other day. Dropped another 1-3 degrees in my testing. Granted it's a G3258 overclocked to 4.2, but I did see a consistent 1-3 drop. Worth the price, MUCH better aesthetically than the 212 Evo and shorter too. This will help me move to a smaller case.

Either way, yes. Go with the H7 if you haven't already.