Overclocking GTX 960 vs. R9 380

Basically I've been on the fence about an R9 380 or a GTX 960 for ages. Both I'm looking at 4GB models. 

I've found an R9 380 4GB windforce 2x for £170 and a G1 Gaming 960 for the same price. 

Anyone know which will perform better once overclocked. Purely a gaming build with an i3-4170 and 8GB of RAM.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3  | Motherboard: Asus H81M-K | RAM: 2x8GB GSkill 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Edition | PSU: Silverstone ST50F-PB | Case: Corsair Air 240 (White) | Cooler: Cyrorig M9i | SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + WD Blue 1TB | Monitor: LG 25UM58 (Overclocked to 75Hz)

Also please don't just say GTX 960 is limited by the 128-bit memory bus, without at least explaining.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3  | Motherboard: Asus H81M-K | RAM: 2x8GB GSkill 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Edition | PSU: Silverstone ST50F-PB | Case: Corsair Air 240 (White) | Cooler: Cyrorig M9i | SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + WD Blue 1TB | Monitor: LG 25UM58 (Overclocked to 75Hz)

They actually perform really similarly but I've been able to get both of my GTX 960's to 1550Mhz which saw some pretty massive framerate increases. All Maxwell GPU's overclocking excellently.

EDIT: The memory bus is pretty much a non issue as you're not gonna be playing games at higher than 1080p with a 960 and most games won't be using that much VRAM anyway, also the memory bus is also a non issue due to delta color compression which effectively increases the size of the memory bus allowing it to use all 4GB's without an issue.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Can you say why it is better?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Also that's great, since when did they do ones with backplates?

Seen it already, but maxwell gpus have a reputation for great overclocking

It performs better at stock, and even little OCs show improvements.

I used to be quite active here.

However a 280X is £200 at least, as AMD stopped producing them

...except for the fact that driver support will end first, they run hot and loud on the whole, tessellation is crap, and they are more expensive. Stop recommending obsolete products.

Pascal laptops guide

Thanks bud, really useful, didn't realise how overclockable the 380 was :)

Thanks bud, really useful, didn't realise how overclockable the 380 was :)

It really depends on silicone lottery in both Nvidia and AMD.

Pascal laptops guide