Good gorilla tripods?

Fictionvl

Hello everyone, I'm going on a trip soon, and I don't want to use my huge tripod that I have, so I opted for a gorilla tripod, any good brands you guys know? Also is "Joby" beand any good?

I'm using a canon 700D btw (Rebel T5i I think in NA)

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Hello everyone, I'm going on a trip soon, and I don't want to use my huge tripod that I have, so I opted for a gorilla tripod, any good brands you guys know? Also is "Joby" beand any good?

I'm using a canon 700D btw (Rebel T5i I think in NA)

You mean GorillaPods, not Gorilla Tripods.

Yes they are good, but you need to choose one that can support the combined load of your camera, heaviest lens and any other accessories you will mount.

I have this one, the GorillaPod Focus (Image below).  It is the most heavy duty model Joby has.  Can support up to 5kg of gear.

http://joby.com/gorillapod/gorillapod-focus

You can also purchase the cheaper SLR-Zoom model which supports up to 3kg.  Again it depends on how much your gear weighs.

http://joby.com/gorillapod/gorillapod-slr-zoom

gpod_focus_sq.jpg

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

You mean GorillaPods, not Gorilla Tripods.

Yes they are good, but you need to choose one that can support the maximum combined load of your camera, lens and any other accessories you will mount.

Yes GorrillaPod :P

Sorry I'm just getting into photography :)

Any good ones you'd recommend, that could handle the weight of my 700D and a 75-300lll mm canon lens?

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Yes GorrillaPod :P

Sorry I'm just getting into photography :)

Any good ones you'd recommend, that could handle the weight of my 700D and a 75-300lll mm canon lens?

Get the second model linked in my previous post, the SLR-Zoom model.  This can support 3kg, and your camera body and lens is at most 2kg.

They are lightweight, easier to carry around than a tripod, though this will depend on the type of tripod as there are very good compact models.  Joby is a very good brand.  Does a GorillaPod replace my tripod?  NO.  But it is convenient to carry in a bag, use in a variety of places and very simple to wrap the ball joints around tree branches, use them to support a camera/lens out a car window, etc.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I have the  zoom version that supports up to 3kg( earlier linked by Alwin) and although it's not the biggest, it's a nice thing to carry around, it's pretty versatile since every ball/sphere acts as it's own joint through that they are awesome, BUT if you need the height they are a let down.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I have the  zoom version that supports up to 3kg( earlier linked by Alwin) and although it's not the biggest, it's a nice thing to carry around, it's pretty versatile since every ball/sphere acts as it's own joint through that they are awesome, BUT if you need the height they are a let down.

The SLR-Zoom and the Focus version are about the same size, the difference is one is made out of heavy duty plastics and the other metal. Hence the difference in weight capacities.

The SLR-Zoom and the Focus version are about the same size, the difference is one is made out of heavy duty plastics and the other metal. Hence the difference in weight capacities.

that's kinda what I meant, their size is perfect, but 35cm/11,6inch(?) can be pretty short sometimes, although their versatility makes up for that.

Although I have the zoom which can handle my current gear easily, I would recommend OP going for the SLR zoom instead, since the plastic/rubber rings around the joints is not always strong enough when twisted around something, although my heaviest set up(zoom lens+flash on DSLR) is just under 2KG. The more heavy duty material on the SLR zoom might be more suited there, although I got nothing to compare that with.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

snip

Thank you very much, I'll give the cheaper one a shot and see if it's good, if I like it a lot I'll get the better one :)

Thank you very much, I'll give the cheaper one a shot and see if it's good, if I like it a lot I'll get the better one :)

Save yourself some money and don't buy two.  Both versions are good, the main differences are one is made of heavy duty plastic, the other more metal (for the sphere joints), hence the difference in weight capacity.

So either buy the more expensive Focus or stay with the SLR-Zoom and save money for getting something else.

Save yourself some money and don't buy two.  Both versions are good, the main differences are one is made of heavy duty plastic, the other more metal (for the sphere joints), hence the difference in weight capacity.

So either buy the more expensive Focus or stay with the SLR-Zoom and save money for getting something else.

Okay, I guess I'll just get the SLR-Zoom one then