HTC one m7 choppy video capture

Hey guy's.

i've recently installed snapchat on my htc one m7. and i started to test it out, but for some reason, when ever i want to record a video, the video becomes choppy, i dont know how to explain it but it looks like the frames drop the moment i start to record video and the quality becomes bad. you can even see the choppy frames once snapchat starts to playback your recorded segment, even if i send the video to someone, the playback on their phone is also choppy. i've tried other 3rd party apps. such as Instagram and it also does the same thing.

however recording using the normal camera app is just fine. no issue there.. 

i've tried testing to see if the issue is related to my CPU being overloaded but it doesn't seem to affect it that much and i don't have any unnecessary apps running in the background.

btw i am running a custom ROM but with stock kernel.(i included screenshots)

post-8849-0-06869500-1446808663_thumb.pn                                post-8849-0-52009400-1446808666_thumb.pn

I Listen. i Observe. I Learn. I make my own decision 

Phone sucks

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

have you tried with a legit ROM? a

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

Are you sure it's a problem with the apps, and not the camera itself? Remember that especially in not well-lit indoors, the camera has to lower the shutter speed in order to get enough light, and at some point (lower shutter speed than 1/50th of a second) video starts to get choppier. With video shooting on a phone that ceiling is reached rather quickly indoors.

If you have done this in good lighting (talking about sunlight-level of brightness) and still getting choppy video, then I'm out of ideas.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

The same thing happens on my M7.

is your's rooted too? i am thinking it might be the ROM.

Are you sure it's a problem with the apps, and not the camera itself? Remember that especially in not well-lit indoors, the camera has to lower the shutter speed in order to get enough light, and at some point (lower shutter speed than 1/50th of a second) video starts to get choppier. With video shooting on a phone that ceiling is reached rather quickly indoors.

If you have done this in good lighting (talking about sunlight-level of brightness) and still getting choppy video, then I'm out of ideas.

unfortunately the area was well lit. and i tried other situations. still getting the same result. but thanks any way 

no.. if it comes down to having to re-root my phone back. ill just remove snapchat, i'd rather have my phone rooted xD

Phone sucks

not really.. i checked my note3 and my brother's s3 mini.. works fine on both

I Listen. i Observe. I Learn. I make my own decision 

Not that the ROM is bad or anything, I've used Android Revolution it's a nice clean ROM. But I've ran into problems using updated ROMS without updating the Kernel / Firmware. You need S-off to upgrade those and it's a pain. So trying a stock ROM (or an alternative ROM) could indeed be a solution.

Phone sucks

The Camera is pretty crap, but the HTC one (m7) is a great phone. I'm still using mine, I've been off contract for over a year and I've yet to find a compelling reason to upgrade.