can you have 2 4gb stick, and add another 8gb stick?

Go to solution Solved by Paytend01,

Yes, but i would recommend getting the same RAM, like the same speed, it makes things easier.

Like if you have 2, 4gb sticks of G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 - 1600 get 1 8gb stick of the same RAM at DDR3 - 1600

Refer to title.  I have 4 ram slots and max 32gb.  I want to upgrade 16gb, just wondering if I can pop 1 8gb stick (Incase I want to upgrade to 24 in the future)

Yes, but i would recommend getting the same RAM, like the same speed, it makes things easier.

Like if you have 2, 4gb sticks of G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 - 1600 get 1 8gb stick of the same RAM at DDR3 - 1600

Yeah. but some models may be incompatible or cause bios screw-ups so as @Paytend01 said it's better if you can get them with the same specs, better yet if they are from the same brand

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yes... just follow the motherboards manual on where to place them. it probably will be like this

Slot A|B|C|D

A=4gb 

B=8gb

C=4bg

D=na

Refer to title.  I have 4 ram slots and max 32gb.  I want to upgrade 16gb, just wondering if I can pop 1 8gb stick (Incase I want to upgrade to 24 in the future)

You can so long as it's the same RAM so if you have 1 stick of RIP JAWZ 4 RAM then you have to use another stickk of that RAM for the best results.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them