A first time poster, and a first time builder. (AKA noob)

Beloit911

1. Budget & Location

Budget is not a huge issue though im not building a $10,000.00 pc. The more it costs the longer I have to wait and save to get it. 1k for me is about 2 months heavy saving.

I am located in the US

2. Aim

Primary function is to create and manage content for a Youtube channel which includes audio mixing, 3d rendering, and video rendering.

A close second would be gaming on system and streaming from a ps4 console.

3. Monitors

As of now I have two 144hz Phillips 242g monitors but am planning on upgrading to 4k monitors some time after this build.

4. Peripherals

I have all the necessary devices for gaming/recording so they are not to be factored into the build budget. 9 various usb 2.0 and 3.0 devices. (Dac, keyboard, mouse, razor tartrous, external mass storage, Logitech c920, audio interface...)

5. Why are you upgrading?

Haha, I am working with a 2013 dell laptop at the moment...

So I will list my proposed components below with some questions and concerns that I currently have. Feel free to make any comment you feel relative to the system. This will be my first personal pc as well as my first build. I have spent many hours researching and learning as of late but am by far no expert. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Case:

NZXT Phantom (original) this is the only component I can not change since I already have it. I have provided a link due to confusion with all the phantoms out there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003WE9WR8/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MOBO:

Asus rampage v extreme e-atx chosen for expandability in the future... and maby the looks too.

Memory:

32gb corsair vengeance LPX (4x8) 3000Mhz c15

Is the difference between 16gb and 32gb worth the premium for a serious multi-tasker. No really.. like crazy ammounts of windows and inputs and outputs and multiple games running together.

Win 10 home USB

PSU:

Corsair HX1000i fully modular.

Overkill on purpose, but is it too overkill?

CPU:

I7-5930k 6core / Gelid gc extreme thermal compound

Is this a good balance for gaming multi-tasking and rendering? Good stable OC? Or is quad core higher GHZ better for me? How about pcie lanes?

CPU Cooling:

Corsair H100i GTX all-in-one.

Are there larger rads on all in one coolers that still fit in this case? I am not against a little modding.

GRAPHICS:

GTX 980Ti Hybrid 6gb

Eventually 2 cards sli? two cards brings 820W power for the whole system hense the 1000i

Optical:

Asus 24x dvdrw

Is this even necessary these days??

Capture Card:

Elgato pcie card?

Any recommendations here for a good CC?

Storage:

Ok here is where I have the most trouble coming to a decision. I would like to use a samsung 750 series 400gb pcie ssd or sm951 512gb m.2 gen3 x 4 for a boot drive with maby a choice game or two, then have two hybrid 4tb drives from seagate for all the remaining files. If I use the 750 series I will have it, a graphics card, and a capture card leaving me with 1 slot for a potential second GTX 980. But will it all fit? Is m.2 gen3 x 4 as good as the pcie card? Should I ignore both and get 2 850 evo drives in raid? Yes I do perform large file transfers and photo collection indexing.

Fans:

2 Fans on cpu rad on the top of the case. 1 fan on the 980 rad on the back. 1 200mm fan on the side and 2 140mm front fans.

This pc will be sitting on a hard wood floor in a cool but small room with sound dampening materials on all walls.

This list may change if I forgot something or make any switches.

Thank you for your help.

Edit 1: Pc Part Picker was used to confirm compatability with all listed parts. I am more looking for things like "Dude that PSU is WAY OVERKILL" or "That processor is good but this one is better for like $30.00 more" haha. thanks again.

part picker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KFRmt6

note only one of the SSDs will be bought and only 1 Graphics card at first.

ill be nice please use pc part picker. just because this is your first post ill be nice lol

post-63986-0-11515400-1446680770.png

Lol, Jk.

Welcome to the forum.

While the build looks good, please use PCPartPicker for these kinds of threads.

May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I have verified with part picker for compatibility.

Perhaps you could link your list on this thread?

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Looks good. The benefit of choosing the X99 chipped is the greater number of pcie lanes, so you certainly have the option of going for an sli setup in the future.

I would go with the m.2 ssd for a good balance of saving pcie lanes and performance.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595